The Tractor Twitcher's Travels Revisited

The Tractor Twitcher

International BTD20 and BTD6 bulldozers on display at Cleveland Land Services. In their reception area was arguably the most impressive 1/8th scale model i've seen in a very long time. A replica of the BTD20 constructed for the company's 50th Anniversary by Davis Designs.

CLS_26 - Copy.jpg

CLS_29 - Copy.jpg

CLS_33 - Copy.jpg

CLS_37 - Copy.jpg

• Like 7

If anyone has read the latest issue of Classic Tractor you might have seen the fleet profile I completed on Newark arable farmers Brian and Charlie Wright who run rather a lot of classic and modern classic Massey Ferguson tractors. Their fleet includes this rather nice 590 that's used for secondary cultivation work and rolling.

mf5 - Copy.jpg

• Like 5

Nice to have a tractor just for that. Wr used to have to jack it up and space it all out , then return it again once done, which was a real pain in the you know, but we didnt really do huge amounts for beet to justify a tractor left like that to be honest  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

Nice to have a tractor just for that. Wr used to have to jack it up and space it all out , then return it again once done, which was a real pain in the you know, but we didnt really do huge amounts for beet to justify a tractor left like that to be honest  

Cracking little tractor for the job, which took over from a 1943 John Deere BN on this farm not all that long ago. It also does a bit of spraying set at the same track width. Really looking forward to seeing their Massey Ferguson 174C rolling their sugar beet in this year and their MkII Massey Ferguson 65 being used with a modified front mounted Ferguson hoe.

Lovely photos again David. It's nice to see the ones of the Hillam spreaders, spread a fair bit of muck with one of them when i was a youth. I always thought the concept of the rotating barrel was a brilliant one, especially when dealing with slurry out of cubicles, shame it never became more popular 

3 hours ago, 844john said:

Lovely photos again David. It's nice to see the ones of the Hillam spreaders, spread a fair bit of muck with one of them when i was a youth. I always thought the concept of the rotating barrel was a brilliant one, especially when dealing with slurry out of cubicles, shame it never became more popular 

Thanks ever so much John, that's great to hear. Only ever seen one rusting away in the back of a dealers yard. Look like a very clever piece of kit. :)