The Tractor Twitcher's Travels Revisited

The Tractor Twitcher

Couple of interesting hedgerow finds on the same farm. Two of three Bean tool carrier tractors saved from the scrap man, and a rare implement conversion designed for old steel track crawlers without a three-point linkage. It started life as a mounted Ransomes C series heavy duty cultivator before being converted into a trailed implement with a crumbler roller by Larringtons of trailer fame. Few were made and this is believed to be the only one in preservation unless there are anymore lurking in hedge backs or on farms.

w_8.jpg

w_10.jpg

• Like 6

On 3/26/2021 at 11:15 AM, The Tractor Twitcher said:

Whilst out on a job in the Lincolnshire Fens yesterday I was shown around this Aladdin's cave of vintage and classic tractors, most of which are still used for a living.

w.jpg

w_1.jpg

w_2.jpg

w_3.jpg

w_4.jpg

Great stuff David 

Always amazed what lurks behind some of these old barn doors, great to see.

Keep rooting them out!😉

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JEP said:

Great stuff David 

Always amazed what lurks behind some of these old barn doors, great to see.

Keep rooting them out!😉

Thanks ever so much John. Went to see a brand new drill on the same farm attached to a new-ish MF and was told when I got to the field by the owner that i'd probably like all of the old stuff back in the yard......he wasn't wrong. 😃

• Haha 1

Back to some older scanned images and this one from Alec Lunn's archives i've been sharing recently. Alec and his father are seen here on the left with their brand new Ford 7810 III on display at Malton Show prior to delivery to their farm in the early nineties.

Scan28.jpg

• Like 6