The Tractor Twitcher's Travels Revisited

The Tractor Twitcher

25 minutes ago, The Tractor Twitcher said:

2018 New Holland CR8.90 Revelation I visited yesterday to complete a testimonial on.

listers_3 - Copy.jpg

I have enjoyed your combine running reports mate, good to see there are plenty more to report on.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, CX820Joe said:

I have enjoyed your combine running reports mate, good to see there are plenty more to report on.

Thanks ever so much mate. This is one of a pair of CR8.90s sold to large farm in North Yorkshire. They will be featuring in Russells own customer magazine first before I get back out to see them in the Summer at work to complete a much larger report on them for FMJ. 🙂

• Like 2

19 hours ago, The Tractor Twitcher said:

Thanks ever so much mate. This is one of a pair of CR8.90s sold to large farm in North Yorkshire. They will be featuring in Russells own customer magazine first before I get back out to see them in the Summer at work to complete a much larger report on them for FMJ. 🙂

Have you seen many obscure types that might feature in the running reports, or do they tend to be older ones that are more likely to appear in Classic Tractor?

4 hours ago, CX820Joe said:

Have you seen many obscure types that might feature in the running reports, or do they tend to be older ones that are more likely to appear in Classic Tractor?

The vast majority of the obscure combines that I write about tend to classic era machines, but I do have a few more modern less common machines to hopefully complete running reports on that I have photographed examples of before Including: Laverda M304, McCormick 2760LX, Fendt 9490X AL, Case IH CT5080, an Italian hillside specification New Holland, and hopefully a few more new style Deutz - Fahrs. In a forthcoming issue of FMJ i've an article I completed late last year on a 2006 Claas Tucano 320......it's a pre-production version, believed to be one of fifty worldwide. The Tucano was officially launched over here in 2007. I completed an article back in 2018 on a Massey Ferguson Delta on tracks which you don't see that many of. It's definitely harder to track down modern rarities.

• Like 1

Been out with this New Holland T7.270 Blue Power today, and hope to be back at the same farm with a New Holland T7.245 on narrow wheels de-stoning for a neighbouring potato grower next week. If anyone can recall some much older scanned images of various Massey Ferguson tractors including a 3085, 3095, 6190, and 6290 I posted up in my original photo topic on the forum this is the same farm seventeen years later having switched from red to blue for their front line tractors a couple of years ago. 

w_5.jpg

w_1.jpg

w_4.jpg

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, The Tractor Twitcher said:

Been out with this New Holland T7.270 Blue Power today, and hope to be back at the same farm with a New Holland T7.245 on narrow wheels de-stoning for a neighbouring potato grower next week. If anyone can recall some much older scanned images of various Massey Ferguson tractors including a 3085, 3095, 6190, and 6290 I posted up in my original photo topic on the forum this is the same farm seventeen years later having switched from red to blue for their front line tractors a couple of years ago. 

w_5.jpg

w_1.jpg

w_4.jpg

Why the switch to blue? Did the dealer change allegiance or were the reds not reliable enough?

9 hours ago, robbo said:

Why the switch to blue? Did the dealer change allegiance or were the reds not reliable enough?

Sadly mike the 61 series mfs and the bigger 81 series did have a terrible reputation for electrical issues , was told that they were the reason mf lost such a big market share at the time, they recovered by the time the 62/82 range came out but sadly the damage had been done by that point reputation wise 

47 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

Sadly mike the 61 series mfs and the bigger 81 series did have a terrible reputation for electrical issues , was told that they were the reason mf lost such a big market share at the time, they recovered by the time the 62/82 range came out but sadly the damage had been done by that point reputation wise 

I don't think it was just the reds that had reliability issues around that time, the New Holland TM series had some major problems with the 6 cylinder versions TM175/190, that lost them a lot of custom. I believe that the smaller 4 pot machines were better but that was one of the reasons that people switched over to green machines

@SPN It seems that most manufacturers have good days and bad days. I have a friend who was an SDF dealer for many years but, there was a change of management style and the accountants took over, changing what was a friendly family firm into something else. My friend changed colours and was granted the NH franchise for the North West as he was such a good salesman. However, after 2 years he was treated so shabbily by New Holland that he told them to go and take a running jump and closed down his dealership.

In the past farmers have often been loyal to a dealership that they know and trust, in this cut throat world today they cannot afford to be so reluctant to change and they have to go where the best deals are.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, robbo said:

In the past farmers have often been loyal to a dealership that they know and trust, in this cut throat world today they cannot afford to be so reluctant to change and they have to go where the best deals are.

Nail on the head in this instance Mike 🙂

• Like 1