The Tractor Twitcher's Travels Revisited

The Tractor Twitcher

6 minutes ago, Udimore said:

Yep i enjoyed todays update click click nice oneย ๐Ÿ˜˜

Interesting story on that 4000 too

Thanks ever so much Barry. The 4000 was once a fully restored tractor without the loader and wheel weights fitted. It's now back earning a proper living.ย ๐Ÿ™‚

• Like 2

On 4/13/2021 at 1:33 PM, 844john said:

They were a good spreader Joe, as i said especially for slurry as you could tilt the barrel up once it was full to stop it slopping out as you travelled, and by tilting the barrel you could vary the rate of spread rather than changing gear. The one i used was bigger than that and on floatation tyres, but apart from that very similar. I do seem to recall the end of the ram that tilts the barrel shearing off on more than one occasion though. Another one of my planned builds for the future!

We ran one for several years and had the same problem shearing off the stub that the ram top attached to so rebuilt it with a thicker piece, a worn Howard Rotaspike tine using the centre, unworn section. Running back empty across subsoiled ground gave it a hammering.

ย  The other problem was the ram had more power tipping it round and would not pull it back if you wanted to stop slurry spilling out if you tipped it too far. I mentioned it to Hillams suggesting they mount it the otherside of the drive to hopefully correct the problem, the pulling of the drum back against the flailing chains requiring more hydraulic power to boot... don't know if they heeded my advice?ย  We also bent the chassis rails with pure load weight bumping along causing the oversize tyres to rub the drum so they took it back and welded in stronger,deeper chassis rails f.o.c. in the summer when not being used.

• Like 2

On 5/17/2021 at 9:34 PM, The Tractor Twitcher said:

Case IH Optum 300 CVX and Amazone semi mounted reversible plough on demonstration at N.O.R.M.A.C 2018.

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

NOR1_15 - Copy.jpg

NOR1_16 - Copy.jpg

NOR1_17 - Copy.jpg

NOR1_18 - Copy.jpg

I remember seeing that one up there and bumping into you , i was looking at 4/5 furrow ploughs and asked at all the dealers at the demo that day if they could demo one at mine after harvest ,they all said they dont have 4/5 on demo apart from Kongskilde, the one they had up there on the day was brand new ,and they later on dropped it of at mine and said get on and use it any problems give us a call ,it had still got most of the paint on the mouldboards' as it had only done a small piece on the day , After ploughing most of my farm with it i gave them a call and said thank you very much for lending it to me ,they said if i was in no hurry to get it of the farm could they leave it there for a few weeks as it was planned to take it up to scotland on demo ,it was still at mine at Christmas time so with Mr Goodwins help we made them a offer which they reluctantly accepted , its a good plough it lays the land over nicelyย 

13 hours ago, smithy said:

I remember seeing that one up there and bumping into you , i was looking at 4/5 furrow ploughs and asked at all the dealers at the demo that day if they could demo one at mine after harvest ,they all said they dont have 4/5 on demo apart from Kongskilde, the one they had up there on the day was brand new ,and they later on dropped it of at mine and said get on and use it any problems give us a call ,it had still got most of the paint on the mouldboards' as it had only done a small piece on the day , After ploughing most of my farm with it i gave them a call and said thank you very much for lending it to me ,they said if i was in no hurry to get it of the farm could they leave it there for a few weeks as it was planned to take it up to scotland on demo ,it was still at mine at Christmas time so with Mr Goodwins help we made them a offer which they reluctantly accepted , its a good plough it lays the land over nicelyย 

Remember it well, decent day that. Chuffed you got sorted with a decent plough. A friend who farms not far from where I live was trying to get a demo of a four furrow reversible and the only one that became available was a shop-soiled Amazone which had sat in a dealer's yard for more than a year. He ended up buying it at a significantly discounted price to replace an old Kverneland from the 1980s. Goes well apparently. To all intents and purposes it's a re-badged Vogel and Noot.ย 

• Like 1

On 5/22/2021 at 10:25 AM, The Tractor Twitcher said:

Remember it well, decent day that. Chuffed you got sorted with a decent plough. A friend who farms not far from where I live was trying to get a demo of a four furrow reversible and the only one that became available was a shop-soiled Amazone which had sat in a dealer's yard for more than a year. He ended up buying it at a significantly discounted price to replace an old Kverneland from the 1980s. Goes well apparently. To all intents and purposes it's a re-badged Vogel and Noot.ย 

Rebadged and strengthened so they donโ€™t break as much. Amazone bought Vogel & Nootย when they got into trouble the last time.ย 
ย 

The NORMAC demo should be going ahead this September, weโ€™re currently looking into getting a plot there.ย 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gav836 said:

Rebadged and strengthened so they donโ€™t break as much. Amazone bought Vogel & Nootย when they got into trouble the last time.ย 
ย 

The NORMAC demo should be going ahead this September, weโ€™re currently looking into getting a plot there.ย 

Moore Farm Services have sold a few Cayrons around here, although i've yet to see any of the larger semi-mounted Hektor ploughs at work outside of machinery demonstrations. Nice one, fingers crossed NORMAC goes ahead this year, had a very enjoyable time their in 2018.

On 5/22/2021 at 10:25 AM, The Tractor Twitcher said:

Did you write about this chap David, ran it with a Deutz 5130? Nice set up there.

Just now, CX820Joe said:

Did you write about this chap David, ran it with a Deutz 5130? Nice set up there.

Spot on Joe. A small selection of photos of it appear on page seven of this topic. They like it a lot. There's a bit more horse power on the front of it now. Unfortunately they ran out of patience with the Deutz's reliability and now run a Case IH Maxxum 145 alongside a Luxxum which replaced theirย  other main tractor, a New Holland TS115.

• Like 1