What's your latest farm/Construction buy in 2022

Ros axion 850, oh dear dear, very fragile but you have the detail, so happy with that,but might have got a friday build here, door cab handle loose in box, lucky its still there,  small piece of clear tape holds the door closed,lucky i seen it or might have snapped/ broken door trying to open it,bonnet does not stay up,tyres are catching on the front mudguards and so doesnt move/run smoothly, left hand front bottom link arm very loose, right one is fine and tight but front weight will not sit level, and the screw is very very small, will need a micro screwdriver to tighten it up,thats if i can find one that small,apart from that ok, it looks great, a very realistic model, very heavy,well detailed,a few niggles, cant send it back and get a another one,brushwood have none left, im sure it will look great in a dio but will need handling with great care

Edited by Paul Palmer
Spelling
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Paul Palmer said:

Ros axion 850, oh dear dear, very fragile but you have the detail, so happy with that,but might have got a friday build here, door cab handle loose in box, lucky its still there,  small piece of clear tape holds the door closed,lucky i seen it or might have snapped/ broken door trying to open it,bonnet does not stay up,tyres are catching on the front mudguards and so doesnt move/run smoothly, left hand front bottom link arm very loose, right one is fine and tight but front weight will not sit level, and the screw is very very small, will need a micro screwdriver to tighten it up,thats if i can find one that small,apart from that ok, it looks great, a very realistic model, very heavy,well detailed,a few niggles, cant send it back and get a another one,brushwood have none left, im sure it will look great in a dio but will need handling with great care

Forgot to say the marker boards  on the axion do not fold, so dont try to fold them, unlike the wiking ones which do and is a nice touch

Edited by Paul Palmer

23 hours ago, Paul Palmer said:

On the box its chrome but the actual model is a black exhaust Phil, yeah i agree, less blingey,good solid model except no ad blue filler cap and no front indicator lenses, i think i can make up a filler cap with something and paint in the front indicator lenses, also im my opinion why have such a large front weight?apart from that and what you said about the bonnet grills im happy

Indicator lense comment i take back, it seems clear lense,orange bulbs

7BEAE01F-88A1-4F8B-9558-9A1FC011A846.png

Edited by Paul Palmer

This has just turned up, was expecting it tomorrow so was surprised to get a text saying it was due today.  Its a Ros model, and have had a few bad experiences with their models in the past  but I am happy to say this one is fine...there was a small globe shaped piece floating around in the box but I don't know where it is from! It's a shame about the tyres, but all in all a decent little model.

20220224_162006.jpg

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Paul Palmer said:

Nope mine was similar Paul. the long cab rail was out at the steps end of the cab, the door doesnt shut properly. The bonnets slightly wonky but ive had worse. The front tyres are too big, I measured the radius at 55mm, should be 50mm to be correct and then they wouldnt rub.  One front link arm is fine the other drops, so all I did was remove the screw with my micro screw driver and then removed the arm, and then squeezed the bracket a little tighter with a pair of pliers. Then refitted it all and now its spot on. Simples. Im changing the front tyres anyway so not bothered about them and reglued the loose cab rail. Now it looks the part, very nice but a bit fragile.

29 minutes ago, phil phoenix said:

Nope mine was similar Paul. the long cab rail was out at the steps end of the cab, the door doesnt shut properly. The bonnets slightly wonky but ive had worse. The front tyres are too big, I measured the radius at 55mm, should be 50mm to be correct and then they wouldnt rub.  One front link arm is fine the other drops, so all I did was remove the screw with my micro screw driver and then removed the arm, and then squeezed the bracket a little tighter with a pair of pliers. Then refitted it all and now its spot on. Simples. Im changing the front tyres anyway so not bothered about them and reglued the loose cab rail. Now it looks the part, very nice but a bit fragile.

Will try that with the link arm Phil, what tyres will you put on it? If you dont mind me asking

10 hours ago, phil phoenix said:

Heres two Claas special edition tractors I would like to see made,  Axion 960tt with the white kriss crosses on the green paint work and the Arion 650 in Metallic grey...............This video was shot near Hambly's, that's your area isnt it Paul?

It is Phil, nice video

On 2/12/2022 at 1:21 PM, MDFord said:

Picked up a Britain’s power farm county at Shepton the other day. It’s all in good condition, but no cab, so I made up an order for spares from Brian Norman to include one.

As happens a lot the Britain’s plastic has discoloured over time, so I’ll have to pick which of these aerosols matches best, to make the white cab match.

7BA80B23-9DDC-4013-A85C-F0A4CBE03E8A.jpeg

8C175BC9-43CB-43D4-B031-3FDA08752489.jpeg

Finished spraying this ones cab, looks a bit more blended in now

502C2E70-8C51-449A-B340-53742A11B5E5.jpeg

• Like 5

On 2/24/2022 at 4:43 PM, CX820Joe said:

This has just turned up, was expecting it tomorrow so was surprised to get a text saying it was due today.  Its a Ros model, and have had a few bad experiences with their models in the past  but I am happy to say this one is fine...there was a small globe shaped piece floating around in the box but I don't know where it is from! It's a shame about the tyres, but all in all a decent little model.

20220224_162006.jpg

Ive been looking for one of these, but the price has been scary (and doesn't seem to have got much better since last time I looked). it would appear the 6140 has been replaced by a 6C now as well.

fun fact, there are 2 versions of this model:

a Ros general release (as above) and A deutz dealer version with part code: M09D117

Version differences from what I can see are the dealer version, doesn't have a front weight, has a number plate and misses out the tyre advertisement. some website also mentioned the drawbar comes with a pin.

40 minutes ago, and2go said:

Ive been looking for one of these, but the price has been scary (and doesn't seem to have got much better since last time I looked). it would appear the 6140 has been replaced by a 6C now as well.

fun fact, there are 2 versions of this model:

a Ros general release (as above) and A deutz dealer version with part code: M09D117

Version differences from what I can see are the dealer version, doesn't have a front weight, has a number plate and misses out the tyre advertisement. some website also mentioned the drawbar comes with a pin.

There is a pin for the drawbar on this one...I had seen a few pictures of it (and the related Same etc) with the front weight sitting on the floor but it holds up OK on mine.  

I had thought it too expensive but the price had dropped to 55 something which I thought was more reasonable, and although I've had the aforementioned issues with Ros models previously am very pleased with this release.  I am tempted by the Same too, thought I'd quite like the lower Hp Virtus that UH did preferably.

Im still trying to get a 6215 black Deutz but I suspect its exactly the same as the 6175. They are an odd looking tractor from the side view, but look very impressive from the front on the road.  You must take some pics with the cab door open Joe as it look's like Weise have done a great job of in cab detail on them.

Was going to take some close ups of the Deutz, noticed when I removed it from the box though that the tyres felt very sticky.  Had them off and washed them in hot soapy water, still feel quite sticky, perhaps not so bad though.  Probably isn't cause to send it back (was the last one anyway) so maybe will just have to put up with it. 

20220302_161921.jpg