What's your latest farm/Construction buy in 2022

1 hour ago, New Hollander said:

Send it as a gift to yourself?

Not sure I could afford the postage, I suspect we may have rather a lot to bring back between the 4 of us in my car plus the other car load

18 hours ago, New Hollander said:

Have you guys from the UK figured out yet how to get around import duties from the Zwolle purchases?

Well I don’t believe they would get hit with any import duty but UK VAT on import is a distinct possibility. So that would be 20% of the purchase price if they have documentary proof of what was paid otherwise it will be at HMRC discretion. May be they should get the Dutch VAT deducted as they are exporting the items?

I've been waiting for this for a little while,  Case CVX 195 by Marge.  A very nice model.  Unfortunately it has a couple of issues, a drop of glue will sort the detached hitch but not quite sure how to sort the link arm as there is a small bolt missing.

20221028_180441.jpg

20221028_180501.jpg

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, CX820Joe said:

I've been waiting for this for a little while,  Case CVX 195 by Marge.  A very nice model.  Unfortunately it has a couple of issues, a drop of glue will sort the detached hitch but not quite sure how to sort the link arm as there is a small bolt missing.

20221028_180441.jpg

20221028_180501.jpg

Email Marge Joe and ask for the missing part. I had a problem with the windscreen wipers on one of their Merc trucks and they sent the part needed and it arrived in a week. 

P

• Like 1

11 hours ago, robbo said:

No not yet, if you have any advice or tips they would be most welcome as we are likely to get clobbered as we return

Get the ferry from Holland to Dublin, spin up the M1 to Larne and get the ferry to Scotland.

The Six Counties have the benefit of being in the EU and UK at the same time, so no additional taxes.

12 hours ago, robbo said:

No not yet, if you have any advice or tips they would be most welcome as we are likely to get clobbered as we return

I have been looking at declaring it online before boarding the ferry on Sunday coming back and use hmrc’s simplified rates and pay the duty with debit card

https://www.gov.uk/bringing-goods-into-uk-personal-use/declaring-goods

there are two categories I am considering declaring it under:

antiques, collectors items and artwork or;

other goods

declaring €1000 goods as collectors will cost around £43 in duty

declaring the same as other goods it’s about £200

I believe you can go through green channel and show the declaration to them and payment made and hope they don’t want to look at the items!
but I am willing to ‘discuss’ it with them if they want to :)

(apologies for going off topic)

Edited by mielly
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, SPN said:

Get the ferry from Holland to Dublin, spin up the M1 to Larne and get the ferry to Scotland.

The Six Counties have the benefit of being in the EU and UK at the same time, so no additional taxes.

What you might think your saving.... Your losing alot more on the expenses off that round trip.. .. 😅

16 hours ago, SPN said:

Of course the huge flaw in that wee plan is Scotland got hauled out of the E U, Even although we voted to stay in, ???

Regards

Joe.

• Like 1

just had the replicagri mf188 (4wd) arrive that i got from the brushwood breakers yard sale on saturday,was meant to have a water marked box, but i cant see a mark on it, got it 20 quid cheaper for that?, so decided to take a punt on a schuco  international  1455xl, again half the price of ebay, for the same reason, can i be as lucky with this one, i hope so 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tractorman810 said:

just had the replicagri mf188 (4wd) arrive that i got from the brushwood breakers yard sale on saturday,was meant to have a water marked box, but i cant see a mark on it, got it 20 quid cheaper for that?, so decided to take a punt on a schuco  international  1455xl, again half the price of ebay, for the same reason, can i be as lucky with this one, i hope so 

I think some of them were worse than others Sean, but I couldn’t notice anything from the pictures posted 

52 minutes ago, Jack390 said:

I think some of them were worse than others Sean, but I couldn’t notice anything from the pictures posted 

he didnt post pics pf the boxes, didnt really matter as i wanted it for a project, same with the inter, have all the parts ready for them, was going to look for them at zwolle, but saves me any tax issues coming back now  

• Like 1

On 11/3/2022 at 4:17 PM, Tractorman810 said:

I've just received 6 things from the brakers yard and to be honest I can't find anything up with the boxes   that are all in decent condition    it was an excellent way to get a fue extra models 

• Like 1

well the schuco international 1455xl arrived from the brushwood scrap sale, and again not a mark on the box???despite being listed as water damaged , not complaining at half price there abouts mind ,was still wrapped in the white tissue paper ,which. removed, and box is mint 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 4