new schuco 2023

Tractorman810

Thing is how will resin models age over time.. Will there be discolouration in comparison to diecast.. Only resin model i have is the Schuco Same Hercules 160. It's an ok model but it lacks a trailer hitch and attaching other implements on its linkage is a non runner.  If model producers could find common ground on rear attachments,it would be fantastic and offer the choice off UH/ Britains style linkage or more realistic linkage that can be swapped around to suit the costumer. Down side is the cost will go up. But it's still an idea worth looking at. 

5 hours ago, phil phoenix said:

I don't rate that model at all, it looks like they have used the wider TW15 bonnet and then got someone at Replicagri who designed the ridiculous TM roofs judging by the picture.

Wheels tyres and decals look right though😄

Regarding width of the bonnet I think that is because of the angle of the pic. Not sure about the angle of the bonnet though. I think it should slope a bit more in front of the exhaust. Slope of the dashboard cowling isn't correct too. I'm also missing the fuel filler cap.

You're correct about the roof. Front wheel driveshaft protection looks too wide.

Wheels are ok but I'm not a real fan of these tyres. Especially the front look a bit small. Maybe Schuco uses them on another model. Not sure if they can be switched.

Front weights are sitting at the wrong angle and the middle one is too wide.

All in all not sure about this one. UH have announced one ages ago but still not on the market. Working on a 8210 at the moment but after seeing this one that's going to be a Generation III.

What are your thoughts on resin? Have a NH TG285 that my dad dropped accidentally. Only small bits broken off but it ruined the model and made it worthless imo.

Edited by New Hollander
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, New Hollander said:

Regarding width of the bonnet I think that is because of the angle of the pic. Not sure about the angle of the bonnet though. I think it should slope a bit more in front of the exhaust. I'm also missing the fuel filler cap.

You're correct about the roof. Front wheel driveshaft protection looks too wide.

Wheels are ok but I'm not a real fan of these tyres. Especially the front look a bit small. Maybe Schuco uses them on another model. Not sure if they can be switched.

Front weights are sitting at the wrong angle and the middle one is too wide.

All in all not sure about this one. Working on a 8210 at the moment but after seeing this one that's going to be a Generation III.

What are your thoughts on resin? Have a NH TG285 that my dad dropped accidentally. Only small bits broken off but it ruined the model and made it worthless.

Did these 8210’S not have square wheels?

14 minutes ago, Paul Palmer said:

Did these 8210’S not have square wheels?

the model has what we call square wheels at the rear. Not sure but I think the early 8210's had 8 point dishes and the later ones square. 6 point in the front is correct although I would have set them at a wider track width.

5961-td4-b01.jpg

42644883?width=600&height=450&watermark=

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by New Hollander
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, New Hollander said:

the model has what we call square wheels at the rear. Not sure but I think the early 8210's had 8 point dishes and the later ones square. 6 point in the front is correct although I would have set them at a wider track width.

5961-td4-b01.jpg

42644883?width=600&height=450&watermark=

maxresdefault.jpg

Thought that Stan, but we all know about the question of the right wheels, i was fairly sure the square wheel centre ones didnt appear until the force 2

• 4 weeks later...

Schuco Deutz Fahr 8280 also available now on Tractorium..........................Hmmmmm  which should I buy, Schuco with its nicer cab and opening doors and windows and lame rear linkage design🙄 or Universal Hobbies with its superior bodywork but sealed cab.

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=369577222094355&set=a.188951156823630&__cft__[0]=AZWgx5OsAlyXUjOafaojUM8hhctfwCKhlMUca_o0DGj82b6i0Ypcb966YuceSl6zFUJUNwz8EewqabIu2AY-Pra36_egjzsUWgiGFOrmP102IL8K2YjLeTh4sZMrkvRscyCfRgbiEVrQLjQ5HiIDl1uaVaUXqmnuwtifwLPrbP6Y6mWyssfI2G0nk5_lukdHdYQ&__tn__=EH-R

3 minutes ago, phil phoenix said:

Schuco Deutz Fahr 8280 also available now on Tractorium..........................Hmmmmm  which should I buy, Schuco with its nicer cab and opening doors and windows and lame rear linkage design🙄 or Universal Hobbies with its superior bodywork but sealed cab.

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=369577222094355&set=a.188951156823630&__cft__[0]=AZWgx5OsAlyXUjOafaojUM8hhctfwCKhlMUca_o0DGj82b6i0Ypcb966YuceSl6zFUJUNwz8EewqabIu2AY-Pra36_egjzsUWgiGFOrmP102IL8K2YjLeTh4sZMrkvRscyCfRgbiEVrQLjQ5HiIDl1uaVaUXqmnuwtifwLPrbP6Y6mWyssfI2G0nk5_lukdHdYQ&__tn__=EH-R

One of each 👍

Your joking Pete!  Compare the two models above, The UH is far better detailed. Tyres are better, bonnet is super detailed, front headlamps are detailed, Schuco's are just clear plastic☹️. UH rear fenders are nicely detailed & wheels have smart weights on them. Schuco haven't even bothered to paint the underside of the roof black all the way round, UH have.  UH front linkage looks nice and sturdy, Schuco's looks flimsy and the rear links are the same as on the old JD 7810s /4955s which are pants!  As I said earlier the only good point about Schuco is the the opening cab doors and windows, but thats it. This is definately one of UHs better efforts.

• Like 1

I have to admit I didn’t study them too hard. I only going on the basis of the quality and design of my Schuco JD’s compared to the few UH models I have.

there is only one way to sort this, you may buy one from each manufacturer and do a proper comparison 🤪