What's your latest farm/Construction buy in 2024

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, SirTainly said:

Feel a little responsible as I said it was close the other day. I wasn't as aware of the all the details differences that John's pointed out, but for me it's close enough at least until we start getting proper models of Doncaster tractors. Fingers crossed.

Yes i certainly didnt know but will still go ahead, i knew the front grill is different and where the ih badge is needs painting black, different rear wheels,which i have, different exhaust and i need new bonnet decals, the difference in wheelbase is 22 cm so in 1/32 is 0.6/0.7mm

Edited by Paul Palmer

Guys. No home built model is going to be 100% perfect. You can only try your best to alter/modify one model in to another and use the best /nearest thing to do so. They ain't nothing really out there to suit an 885 exactly. But the 845 is pretty much the best of what's available to give it a try.. Give it a go Paul. ...Its worth a try.. 

1 hour ago, justy 46 said:

Guys. No home built model is going to be 100% perfect. You can only try your best to alter/modify one model in to another and use the best /nearest thing to do so. They ain't nothing really out there to suit an 885 exactly. But the 845 is pretty much the best of what's available to give it a try.. Give it a go Paul. ...Its worth a try.. 

i will be doing  it Justin and im getting fed up with modern kit, you need a lot of room to display it,so its another model to do👍

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Pardon me butting in here but isn't there something in this lot that might make a reasonable donor, I'm not upto speed on the IH brand, but I like them as when I was a nipper, my late father drove a B250, of which I have a model, then as a slightly bigger nipper he drove a B275, And quite some time after that he got a 674, the best looking tractor I think he ever drove,

https://www.farmmodeldatabase.com/en/models/search/international/all-manufacturers/1-32/tractors/page9.html

Regards

Joe.

Edited by James Joe Dewar
  • Like 1

Had these today, a UH T6.165 and Weeks trailer - I had meant to get another T6 after the breaker yard one didn’t meet up to standards and I’ve been in need of a small trailer too. 

IMG_2739.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Minitrac IH 445D conventional baler from Udimore Tractor Shop. Not really a fan of side-tow balers in real life, I prefer the Massey in-line, but a nice model to have for the display cabinet.

IH445D BALER.webp

Edited by Cornish-model-farm
  • Like 4

19 hours ago, Cornish-model-farm said:

Minitrac IH 445D conventional baler from Udimore Tractor Shop. Not really a fan of side-tow balers in real life, I prefer the Massey in-line, but a nice model to have for the display cabinet.

IH445D BALER.webp

I would point out that there is no proper hitch on it, so if you wanted to tow it with something you would need to fabricate a hitch for it!

the late "mighty" Mike Cushing (see SNOOPY european 12000lb puller champion around 1980, that was sold to Whittingham Bros later) came mowing for us in the early 70s with one of these behind a 990 Selectamatic and had to leave early when an eye festered from flying debris. I think they had a curtain around originally but seldom replaced when damaged.

Nice model, never seen one done before.

3 hours ago, NIGEL FORD said:

the late "mighty" Mike Cushing (see SNOOPY european 12000lb puller champion around 1980, that was sold to Whittingham Bros later) came mowing for us in the early 70s with one of these behind a 990 Selectamatic and had to leave early when an eye festered from flying debris. I think they had a curtain around originally but seldom replaced when damaged.

Nice model, never seen one done before.

If I recall correctly, the operating instructions back in the day, said no other person or animal should be in the same field when the machine was in operation because of flying debris! Happy days.

On 5/12/2024 at 10:23 AM, Cornish-model-farm said:

Bamford Wizzler 4 drum mower, made by Mark Phelan.

wizzler1.webp

Never used a wizzler but next door had one , reckond it used to make his nuffer sweat in a good crop of seeds 😂

A gentleman from over the border on the west side of England made 4   KM22's , lovely little model with one to sell but to strong a money for me , shame it would of gone well on the back of my 65

• Like 1