Future model farming competitions "discussion section"

JC

How many entries would you like to submit for the harvest competition?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. How many entries would you like to submit for the harvest competition?

We (us mods) are currently discussing the future competitions, the silage season is a long season in comparison to most but I think next year the competition may not be open for entries as long as this year, we hope to have at least 3 more competitions each year so this should give everyone a chance to enter in a competition they have suitable models for.

If anyone has suggestions for competitions over the winter months, say from December to April then please let it be heard here or put your idea to one of the mods via personal message, Or if our overseas members have ideas relevent to their country and climate from this period then maybe this could be quite interesting for everyone else to see.

We hope to have a list of forthcoming competitions with start and finish dates in the next week or so.

Feel free to discuss your ideas here!

Diversification would be an interesting one. As farms these day's have had to look at more than just cattle/crops we could reflect these changes in our displays with things like second hand dealerships, timber yards, gravel/sand merchants etc etc. Anything really.

Or sell the farm for housing :)....sorry

I think the competition should be relevant to the real season, so we have pics in the real catergory and the model if it helps some people out, like the silaging. I like the idea of the normal farming display, and a wackier one at the same time (i.e show, dealership, diversification, burnt out tractor competition)

Yep, try the scalectrix bit of ebay....I have one for my track ;D

mmm would i really want to put a pikey camp site next to my farm,when i could have fergys out working the land  

would love to see some cotton harvest ones thats gonna give different machinery thats for sure,

as for differnet divers secens then maybe a different post for them though and keep the seasons farming ones puerly for the machinery like robs suggested

Diversification would be an interesting one. As farms these day's have had to look at more than just cattle/crops we could reflect these changes in our displays with things like second hand dealerships, timber yards, gravel/sand merchants etc etc. Anything really.

I think "alternatives" could be something to run in the winter months when the other seasons are over..... good idea Tris, you're not as DAFt as Marcus makes out!  ;D;)

I think "alternatives" could be something to run in the winter months when the other seasons are over..... good idea Tris, you're not as DAFt as Marcus makes out!  ;D;)

***Crosses arms, stamps right foot and says -  Hummmmf ***

:D

Bed and Breakfast display then ;)

Maybe we should set a calendar of competitions through the year. People will have loads of time to prepare, but only a small amount of time to submit.

How would one competition per month work?

Thats kind of what I was thinking SPN, maybe one every other month though as I think it might get a bit thin on the ground with entries.... unless we only did one particular time bracket at a time whereas we are currently running four, so effectively four competitions are running at the moment.  :-\

Thats kind of what I was thinking SPN, maybe one every other month though as I think it might get a bit thin on the ground with entries.... unless we only did one particular time bracket at a time whereas we are currently running four, so effectively four competitions are running at the moment.  :-\

should we try and stick to the farming calender as best we can but allow flexibility in the start and end dates :-\ :-\ ???

i spose it very much depends on what sort of farm you're trying to create , if yer just a dairy farm there's not much going on when everyone else is combining / drilling etc, so each entry would be seasonal to what reflects whats going on at that particular farm  :)

• 2 weeks later...

how about a local or yfc ploughing match scene???  it would use some vintage, classic and modern tractors of all sizes and you can have dealer stands with new kit with there caravan parked next to it for refreshments

i would really like to see this one done as most people have several ploughs and tractors of different ages ;)

We (us mods) are currently discussing the future competitions, the silage season is a long season in comparison to most but I think next year the competition may not be open for entries as long as this year, we hope to have at least 3 more competitions each year so this should give everyone a chance to enter in a competition they have suitable models for.

If anyone has suggestions for competitions over the winter months, say from December to April then please let it be heard here or put your idea to one of the mods via personal message, Or if our overseas members have ideas relevent to their country and climate from this period then maybe this could be quite interesting for everyone else to see.

We hope to have a list of forthcoming competitions with start and finish dates in the next week or so.

Feel free to discuss your ideas here!

One idea I have is....

Keep every thing in-line with the calander in real life eg:Dec for me is all about irragation and Jan/Feb is grain harvest.

You would just have to judge it on "over all look" there was no way I could have gone out side to take silage comp pictures this year because of the snow/rain. :)

• 4 weeks later...