What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

Just got in from raking silage only did about 130 acres, choppers going to keep going till it's got the away fields cleared (ones which a 5 minutes away on farm tracks), still got 180 ish acres to rake tomorrow in a ford 8210, only got the job accidently when photographing them working when he asked if i'd do it since there guy had gone home with a tight chest  :-\  (good thing for me as i've got 3 jobs at farms now)  ;D:D;):)  Happy Days!  :P

this morning started pressure washing a CAT D9 that has came in from an open cast coal mine [1st of 3] it needs all new tracks ,idlers etc the blade needs refaceing ,should finish cleaning it tomorrow dinnertime , the D9 must be 11/12 foot from ground to top of bonnent . i,ll try and post some pics up durring the week

Off to West Sussex to deliver the JD 5400 loader tractor I picked up in Devon a few weeks ago. After that, into East Sussex to deliver an MF135 with cab and loader to a farmer and collect an MF590 from a dealer. Makes a change, don't often go south east. Although in a previous job it was a once weekly trip delivering Bradstone products to builders merchants and DIY stores.

Oh and it's slashing down! :(

For anyone who is interested.. I've been having some maintenance done at work while the schools are out of action... one of the jobs we do here at Histon Produce is to peel potatoes.. about 15t per week during school term times (and a few bits of veg prep).. our prep room has been working 6-7 days per week for the last 12 years without a break, except for Xmas day and Boxing day (we do hospital work too)... so it was high time to effect a few repairs..

I've had the walls clad in food grade stainless steel at the bottom.. which covers up all manner of dents and dings that we've accumulated over the years... I'm also having a new resin floor covering laid in the wet areas with some increased screeding to help the water move away a little faster. The current images are as the place looks today... will post some images of the finished rooms when they are done - not quite operating room standards.. but clean enough to eat from I hope anyway.

b9af537e.jpg

8649d1d2.jpg

They have quite literally 'shaved' the floor with a flail to get rid of any loose bits and lumps and bumps...

0e29892e.jpg

That half-moon slide in the wall is where the peeled spuds exit the machine and into the wet room for final trimming... before they are dipped and bagged up.

not today but last night I went to skegness with my old man to watch premier league snooker thats live on sky sports.

Watched Jimmy white vs john higgins and then stevens vs robertson,Jimmys "so called" fans don't help him as they shout out when he's at the table ::) anyway got his signature on a photo of him and shook Jimmy's hand 8)

Since around 3.30 pm this afternoon I have been combine spotting just up the road from me for the past couple of hours. I'm currently waiting for photos to upload to PB. Photos to follow in BC's farming topic later on.

Had an absolutely fantastic day off immersing myself in some of my favourite hobbies. Spent the morning taking photographs at the Cheffins vintage and classic tractor auction at Harrogate show ground and also came away with some nice models from G and M Farm Models. Great to speak with Graham and Michelle too. Whilst my afternoon was spent combine chasing around the Vale of York where I also caught up with forum member JD6910 ( Patrick ) and his step dad to take photographs of their very smart John Deere 2064 combine and four other machines operating in the local area. Had it not clouded in so quickly i'd have probably still been dashing around the countryside now, loads of farms were getting stuck into wheat today. :) 

Ahh yeah, you got much to do? Me and another lad were speaking to someone the other day who hadn't even started and had 700 acres to go at, wouldn't want to be in his position!

not sure how much they have done josh,i only help at weekends so if the weather is bad friday im stumped for the saturday and now rain this morning,see what next weekend brings

Taking my Granddaughter to Blackpool Zoo so hope the weather stays fine and then after her mum and dad have collected her tonight me and Mrs R are off to see the new Planet of the Apes film.

Mixed bag for me today :) Woke up near Sidford after loading the third of yesterdays tractors, an MF698t 4wd. Headed back to the yard and unloaded the MF along with a JD2450 from Camelford and a Case 844 from Helston. Drove over to the rented farm to load hay. Treated a calf with iodine concentrate around it's hooves as it has mites. Now turning oat straw with a white top Ford 7740 4wd and Haybob. Tomorrow it's off to Wales to deliver hay! :) :)

late at work last night, still at work now, just having a break for tea, very tight deadlines for this new stuff, and as predicted, no overtime till we are 1 day before the date ,despite warnings, dont you just love planning by managment, and its only going to get worse

It's still on the Saint Guthlacs site Andy, don't know if you've heard about St. Guthlacs/George Farmer merging? But anyway i'm still on the same site but it's now under a different name with different management etc, most of the teachers have left due to the fact their contract was 'site based' so when the site closes in 2014 to move to holbeach they will be left with no jobs, so i'm not quite sure what to expect yet  :-\

Been generally 'buggering about' today on my tractor... sold and delivered some topsoil, stone and sand, picked up some hardcore and tipped it down the farm - got fed up with the rain so came home and watched the inside of my eyelids on the sofa for a couple of hours  :-[