What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

Just returned from a local market / car boot after my first real attempt to move on some of the surplus models I had stored away from my collection. Overall my expectations were exceeded, had a very enjoyable time ( hopefully i've convinced a few people who bought from me to join the forum too ) and i've come home with a few more extra pennies for my trip to Malvern. :)

Just returned from a local market / car boot after my first real attempt to move on some of the surplus models I had stored away from my collection. Overall my expectations were exceeded, had a very enjoyable time ( hopefully i've convinced a few people who bought from me to join the forum too ) and i've come home with a few more extra pennies for my trip to Malvern. :)

Well done David...but you better watch out or Mr Ebbage could be head hunting you for his sales and marketing director :huh:

Well done David...but you better watch out or Mr Ebbage could be head hunting you for his sales and marketing director :huh:

Thanks Bill. More than pleasantly surprised with the success of my stall, especially given my ever so slightly pessimistic outlook at the start of the day. I was surrounded almost exclusively by your stereotypical house clearance / bric-a-brac type stands charging just few pence for items rather than pounds. I genuinely thought and very wrongly presumed people wouldn't be prepared to pay what I was asking for my surplus models. Whilst I wasn't asking top money for them I was by no means giving them away. In the end there were plenty of pleased Grand Parents buying my redundant Britains and Siku models for their Grand Kids whilst I even had successful enquiries from collectors in the UH, ROS and Wiking models I was offering. Came home very pleased with my efforts and it even provided a window to discuss the forum and the hobby in general. Hope to return to the same venue with a stall over the course of the next month. :)

.....As for today and the second day of my week's holiday, my model cabinets have been completely rearranged ( again ) and my car's now taxed for another year aswell looking much cleaner than it has in a long while.

Edited by walterderwent

Today I wasted hours getting Microsoft Office 2010 loaded on to my works computer.After 1 and 1/2 hours of trying to install it I had to phone our ever so helpfull IT service desk in India to be told to abort reboot and try again. On reboot Outlook wasn't there so back on the phone to a different person who then had to dial in mess about and reinstall. Meanwhile I left him on the spreaker phone so I could answer questions for our external "alligators" aka the auditors. All fixed now but the morning was wasted and thank goodness I decided to finish at 2pm today.

Today I wasted hours getting Microsoft Office 2010 loaded on to my works computer.After 1 and 1/2 hours of trying to install it I had to phone our ever so helpfull IT service desk in India to be told to abort reboot and try again. On reboot Outlook wasn't there so back on the phone to a different person who then had to dial in mess about and reinstall. Meanwhile I left him on the spreaker phone so I could answer questions for our external "alligators" aka the auditors. All fixed now but the morning was wasted and thank goodness I decided to finish at 2pm today.

After all the times I have been on the phone with customer care from various companies Microsoft has got to have the worst customer service. They once argued with me over the fact that my software license stated I could install it on up to three computers and I had only installed it on one computer but they insisted that the licences was for only one copy. ::)

Today I plan on re building one of my old displays to make room for some fields. 8)

After all the times I have been on the phone with customer care from various companies Microsoft has got to have the worst customer service. They once argued with me over the fact that my software license stated I could install it on up to three computers and I had only installed it on one computer but they insisted that the licences was for only one copy. ::)

Today I plan on re building one of my old displays to make room for some fields. 8)

What really gets me Luke is there are loads of UK IT people across the other side of the floor from me yet we have got to go via India since they paid off the UK IT service desk since it was cheaper to outsource to India. So be it in terms of cost but that does not account for the wasted time I and others spend on the phone to them. I agree there can be a dialect issue but I use my best Queens English and not the local Doric tongue to communicate my IT problems with them ;D ;D If they cannot solve it by dialing in they then raise a ticket and it gets sent back to Aberdeen IT....talk about jumping through hoops :angry: I got so hacked off today I put the chap on the speaker phone and left him while I dealt with the auditors. I then started speaking to a new chap who had moved in opposite and then I got a shout from two members in my group the chap on the other end of the line was shouting for me ;D ;D ;D ..this time I did get fixed but it is the waste of my time that really annoys me. In addition my user name is what my old one used to be on here when I joined...bblqo92...that's bb lq o "for ornage" 92...every time they don't listen to me and they mistake the O for orange as being 0 or zero...maybe I should use O for Oscar :unsure: ...rant over Microsoft Office 2010 now working and is good since it what I have on my own laptop at home 8)

on the best day of the year down here so far i have been sat in the basement of a tele exchange with no windows, and very poor lighting ,splicing fibres, good job we have portable strip lights with us ,as the lights down there are very yellow and hard to see the colours with it ,dam boring day when outside is sunny and warm

well iv now finshed at battersea after 1 year there now ive been moved to a place called folkington nr eastbourne

to put in a holding pond for rain water theres over 600 8 wheeler loads to muck away phew

we have 22 tonne 360 digging out feeding 2 10 tonne tracked dumpers to me on the muck pile to level and load lorries

on the best day of the year down here so far i have been sat in the basement of a tele exchange with no windows, and very poor lighting ,splicing fibres, good job we have portable strip lights with us ,as the lights down there are very yellow and hard to see the colours with it ,dam boring day when outside is sunny and warm

What a shame, I'm sure you will make up for your hard day, driving your 75000 quid BMW to the pub for a few pints of cider....well you know Pops is with you all the way...I even turned off the outside porch light so I feel more connected to your hard day.. ;) Do try to get some sunshine this coming week while your at home for another holiday.......keep the chin up lad....sniff I better get off I'm becoming a bit emotional... :'( ;D