What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

Finished putting the Kongskilde Germinator back together after yesterdays problems, tough going ripped two of the front rollers off after the bearings failed, also sheared all the bolts off holding one complete roller assemble to the chassis. Once that was done finished harrowing the field before drilling what I could of it with the seed we had left. Finished up the day by ploughing some more beet land.

Last two days I've been demolishing an old folks home, my self on the liebherr with demo grab and occasionally my 5 foot bucket, and spud (called spud du to potato shapped head) in the volvo ec460 with shear attachment and hydraulic breaker, building more or less down and will hopefully get the crusher in tomorrow afternoon, and start crushing Thursday morning while spuds sorts through all the steel, might have to get one of you keen Gardeners in as the gardens in a mess now.

I've had a nice few days out in the rigid this week. Wednesday it was up to Cheffins with two cabs and a Massey 30 drill, back with a Massey 565 and a 590.

Yesterday, down to Cullumpton with the 11t Richard Western silage trailer we brought back from Truro, a subsoiler to Exeter and back from the auction with a Transit livestock box.

Today, a JCB up to Worcestershire and back empty and if I have time, take a Kverneland cultivator down to Weyhill near Andover

:)

Noticed that my AGA temperature was dropping last night, took longer to boil the kettle so I let it out before going to bed to let it get cold enough to de-carbonise the burner early this morning. The burner carbons up over time in the last inch of the oil inlet pipe, up the bend and into the inlet gallery, took 1/2 an hour to do and once re-lit was hot enough again by 11o'clock to do my toast on the hotplate.

last day of my holiday, had the little one for most of the day,along with a quick trip to sainsburys shopping,also had work ring up, should have been off monday and tuesday as my normal roster ,but they want me in both days on overtime, so nice way to start back at least

Noticed that my AGA temperature was dropping last night, took longer to boil the kettle so I let it out before going to bed to let it get cold enough to de-carbonise the burner early this morning. The burner carbons up over time in the last inch of the oil inlet pipe, up the bend and into the inlet gallery, took 1/2 an hour to do and once re-lit was hot enough again by 11o'clock to do my toast on the hotplate.

Well, that's just riveting Tim. It's like a blinking open diary you have, sometimes! Honestly, don't you ever think about keeping a bit of privacy!

;):lol: :ha ha!: :lol:;)

Crushing rubble for two days, stock pile of crushed stuffs currently sitting at the 300tonne mark, still a bit more to crush but spuds going to get that done over the weekend, not back at work until Tuesday as I'm going down to London for a few days with the other half,

Just come in from clearing a horse arena of wood chip for a disabled charity. Had to do most of it be hand. There was about 15 of us yet it still took 6 hours. I'm a broken man and never want to see a damn horse arena again.

We was getting some wood cut for the fire next winter something in the wood (possibly a knot) made the saw jump and instead of the saw going left it went right where i was holding the log it was just one of those accidents but hat off to the hospital they have patched me up ive got around 2-3 CM of nerve missing from my index finger and ive got a 30% laceration to my tendon at the top of my finger near my knuckle im off work now for 4 weeks to start lucky its not my right hand as im right handed otherwise i would have been completely screwed.

i think i got away very lightly 

Regards Nick

back to work today, on overtime so not to bad ,and inside in the warm to so bigger bonus, managed to get home and put the oven on when the wife rang, shes been in brissol today, her train was 1 hr late, so she was actually on the previous train that was already 1.5 hrs late, so 30 mins later than expected to get home, however just as i finished my tea she ran to say her train was being terminated at newton abbott,and she was having to wait for the train she should have been on, seeing as that was already over an hr late already i have just got back from picking her up , doubt she would have been home much before 10 if not,give cross country their due ,a guy there had offered her a taxi already, but i was already on the way and by then only 15 mins away, so when i got there he gave me 20 quid to put fuel in ,as he would only have given it to the taxi guy anyway  

Today I splept in for work ( only done that 3 times before in my working days) and woke at 6.20am. My body must have told me I needed it after a hectic 3 nights away to Perth and Gretna and Perth ;D  ;D ...anyway out to the car git my laptop and fired it up and emailedmy boss saying I would work from home but would meet him and 4 other folk at the Silver Darling at Aberdeen Harbour for a three course lunch to celebrate my 25 yeatr service award which was actually 28th September 2012. I had the special starter which was scallops and Stornoyway black pudding. Then the special for mains which was Rock Turbet and potatoe puree and veg with home made chips thrown in. This was followed up by three sorbets...orange apple and black grape and a coffee but no tablet....you only get that on an evening. All in all a great lunch and £ 246 on expenses for the 6 of us. It would have been more expensive at night plus there would have been wine and drinks so I saved the company money 8)

So if anyone likes fish this is the place to go when in Aberdeen.....how many places do I book for the Saturday night prior to the 3rd Aberdeen Model Farm & Construction Show :huh:  :unsure:

http://thesilverdarling.co.uk/

Edited by BC