What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

8 hours ago, Anderson Agri said:

Started the new year off on a high, we had our first ever road run, 50 tractors showed up and we managed to raise £450 for Dorset and Somerset Air Ambulance. Couldnt be any happier right now roll on the next one! The 7710 performed effortlessly

80958496_2674347545984673_4562738097221009408_n.jpg.fb52087d8754e2714e153492e38dde53.jpg81894919_535106700419553_6067985054838030336_n.thumb.jpg.590f1e92f4ce19edc821b423f4b7cee5.jpg

Grand Job Zac, well done on getting it going and doing a bit of good for a decent cause in the process :)

• Like 1

Yeah, being 6 pot guzzles fuel tho! I had some young lad with his mrs in a nice shiny new valtra overtake me yesterday, I wasn't pushing it he then held back a bit so I took him back. . got to the pub and he came over and goes how did I do that he's got 50k valtra, was in disbelief seeing an old Ford overtake him when I can go as quick as him ha ha!. He was quite embarrassed to say the least 

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, Anderson Agri said:

Yeah, being 6 pot guzzles fuel tho! I had some young lad with his mrs in a nice shiny new valtra overtake me yesterday, I wasn't pushing it he then held back a bit so I took him back. . got to the pub and he came over and goes how did I do that he's got 50k valtra, was in disbelief seeing an old Ford overtake him when I can go as quick as him ha ha!. He was quite embarrassed to say the least 

He'd be even more embarrased if you warmed your 262 Zac... get a set of bull gears and pinons in her out of a synchro back end, your 262 be quick already but get them swapped and she be a true flier then....;) you just need to make sure the brakes are reasonably adjusted and there's little play in the steering or you could soon have a few brown stains on your tractor seat :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just wondered if anyone listened to Jeremy Vine on Radio 2 today, there was a mixed farmer on dispelling some of the myths about vegan diets and how stock farming in the UK is not the carbon producing monster the vegans would have us believe. These are the sort of spokesmen (or women) that we need to fight our corner and help to explain the facts to the public without all the hysteria that seems to be bombarding our TV screens at the moment.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, 844john said:

Just wondered if anyone listened to Jeremy Vine on Radio 2 today, there was a mixed farmer on dispelling some of the myths about vegan diets and how stock farming in the UK is not the carbon producing monster the vegans would have us believe. These are the sort of spokesmen (or women) that we need to fight our corner and help to explain the facts to the public without all the hysteria that seems to be bombarding our TV screens at the moment.

it is john, however you are mainly dealing with a younger generation who get all their info from faceslap, and youtube, the snowflake generation, who actually believe it. sadly even the bbc are now doing shows with presenters from that age group, so they all now thing its even more true, so ban everything , its that bad now that costa are doing soya and almond  milk etc for free over normal milk and they are all lapping it up, with no thought to the thousands of miles its traveled  carbon foot print and how much rain forest has been cut down for the fields to grow it. they are just cutting the  claimed gasses farmers in the uk produce because facebook warriors, so called youtube influencers and now the bbc tell them . 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tractorman810 said:

it is john, however you are mainly dealing with a younger generation who get all their info from faceslap, and youtube, the snowflake generation, who actually believe it. sadly even the bbc are now doing shows with presenters from that age group, so they all now thing its even more true, so ban everything , its that bad now that costa are doing soya and almond  milk etc for free over normal milk and they are all lapping it up, with no thought to the thousands of miles its traveled  carbon foot print and how much rain forest has been cut down for the fields to grow it. they are just cutting the  claimed gasses farmers in the uk produce because facebook warriors, so called youtube influencers and now the bbc tell them . 

If you'd asked me ten years ago I would have said that farming in this country had a good future, the population is growing, people need to eat, farmers need to fill the gap, now, I'm doing everything I can to discourage our son from following into agriculture. My biggest fear is that when people finally realise that farming as an industry is important, it might just be too late...

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

I should have posted this last year ,as myself and a mate stripped this 574 down over the Christmas break ,it belongs to another mate of mine . the rear crank seal has been leaking onto the clutch so it needs that fixing and a new clutch , there was also water getting into the engine oil ,we was not sure if it was though the head gasket or a liner gone . After getting head off gasket looked ok so dropped the sump and dropped out the pistons and pulled out the liners ,one of them had the tell-tale signs of metal-worm  ,so a little job has turned into a big job

IMG_20191228_102824.jpg

IMG_20191228_102854.jpg

IMG_20191228_102808.jpg

IMG_20191228_102734.jpg

IMG_20191228_102839.jpg

• Like 6

one of the old liners , the pistons and block. We was not able to order parts till the company was back at work on the 6th January, so it is having a complete set of new liners ,new big end shells and new pistons ,we have all the parts now and have refitted the crank with the new shells and pushed in the new liners ,but we have had to send the pistons of to a engineering company as the little end bearings after being pushed into place need reaming out by about half a mm to take the gugion pin

IMG_20200102_103349.jpg

IMG_20200102_103410.jpg

IMG_20200102_103428.jpg

IMG_20200102_103316.jpg

IMG_20200102_103514.jpg

IMG_20200102_103330.jpg

• Like 8

Another job we started over Christmas was my model room ,the wife said she needed to paint the walls and she said I had to move all my cabinets that was on the floor away from the walls so she could paint them she also told me to empty all the models out and dust them and she would paint the cabinets as well as they was all ones I had picked up here and there and they was all different shades and would look better all the same colour and I had to replace my little work bench as well ,I did agree with her but was not looking forward to all that dusting  

IMG_20191228_104937.jpg

IMG_20191228_104951.jpg

IMG_20191231_085612.jpg

IMG_20191228_104903.jpg

• Like 6

On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2020 at 8:28 PM, Barry said:

Impressive Smithy, those cabinets have made an amazing transformation...........no more Zwolle for you though, no more space on that top shelf!

I will make a space somewhere ;) I have 3 other Zwolle models on top of one of the wall cabinets

• Like 1

I have been over Mr Goodwins most of today as I have dug out a base for a oil tank to sit on ,I put up the shuttering lined the bottom with some old bricks and blinded it all together with some infill ready for concreting at my first opportunity, it was hard work to start with but ok when I got on the vibrater   ah I mean whacker-plate :D

IMG_20200126_144107.jpg

IMG_20200126_144125.jpg

IMG_20200126_155522.jpg

IMG_20200126_155453.jpg

IMG_20200126_155505.jpg

IMG_20200126_155524.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 3