What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

21 hours ago, mb86 said:

That’s the trouble John, bloody electronics. At least with the older gear if you have a fault it doesn’t usually stop the machine, the 78 could have lost all its electrics and still would have kept going all day. Have to admit I don’t mind the odd day carting grass but not if it involves a long trek on the roads.
That lad is brave considering tips 7040, is that the one that has had gearbox problems in the past? Mind I say brave, there is a fine line between bravery and stupidity...:D

I must admit Martin, by midnight i thought the 78 had lost its electrics, you could hardly see the rake and it was a bit of guesswork getting yourself lined up each time at the headland! You don't realise how poor the lighting is on older tractors compared to new ones, but then i suppose they weren't built with such big gear in mind. The 7040 was just on loan whilst his other tractor was in at Bishop sorting a gearbox problem....I think they were hoping he might be interested in it as he's thinking of changing to a 7 series.  I believe it was Matthew's tractor....if it was a dog you would say it had been beaten every day of its life! Needless to say, he wasn't temped by it!

7 hours ago, 844john said:

I must admit Martin, by midnight i thought the 78 had lost its electrics, you could hardly see the rake and it was a bit of guesswork getting yourself lined up each time at the headland! You don't realise how poor the lighting is on older tractors compared to new ones, but then i suppose they weren't built with such big gear in mind. The 7040 was just on loan whilst his other tractor was in at Bishop sorting a gearbox problem....I think they were hoping he might be interested in it as he's thinking of changing to a 7 series.  I believe it was Matthew's tractor....if it was a dog you would say it had been beaten every day of its life! Needless to say, he wasn't temped by it!

Your poor lighting wouldn’t have made the job easy, must say the ones on these are ok although I did change the rear worklights on the 7610 for LED’s and those are brilliant. 

16 hours ago, mb86 said:

Your poor lighting wouldn’t have made the job easy, must say the ones on these are ok although I did change the rear worklights on the 7610 for LED’s and those are brilliant. 

I think the problem is just the size of the gear really, its a big rake and it takes a good flood of light to cover it all. Good idea on the LED's mind, they've got to be better than the two glow worms in jam jars that were standard on them!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, mb86 said:

Kicking off the baking for another year. This rig will have payed for itself many times over and doing just as good a job as newer kit would. Think she deserves a wash after the  ba***rding seagulls attacked. 

B72C4CDA-D740-40CF-B28A-7F3D9400F436.jpeg

Is the baking a hint to Valley axe man haha, anyway yes your kit does look in good condition and owning your own you can go as and when its ready ,instead of waiting on contractors , I now what you mean on seagulls allow I would have thought they would all be down on the coast today pinching chips of the people overcrowding the beaches . Nice blue sky you have there ,we have been bailing since 11am today stopped about 6pm as the other 3 bits we have to do really need a bit more time allow storms might move in tomorrow ,we had 300 small bales of are own to move tonight which we have done 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, smithy said:

Is the baking a hint to Valley axe man haha, anyway yes your kit does look in good condition and owning your own you can go as and when its ready ,instead of waiting on contractors , I now what you mean on seagulls allow I would have thought they would all be down on the coast today pinching chips of the people overcrowding the beaches . Nice blue sky you have there ,we have been bailing since 11am today stopped about 6pm as the other 3 bits we have to do really need a bit more time allow storms might move in tomorrow ,we had 300 small bales of are own to move tonight which we have done 

Most probably Smithy, there be a couple of folk getting withdrawal symptoms with the lack of baking.... sure job will come right.... before too long ;) been a bit had off for bales around about, spotted a 4000 last night on my way home turning hay with a haybob, that fella has or had a 6 pot nuff that he bought out of one of the local machinery sales, not seen it for a while though, and first time i seen this 4000 there..... Both you and Martin been cracking on though making hay whilst the sun shines.... meanwhile at work in the workshop at work it was definatley a case of Betty Swollocks..... overalls is no good in weather like this 

• Like 2

I thought Martin meant that his air con needed re gassing and that it was him that was baking,  another case of betty swollocks:D. Looking very tidy there Martin, you're right though, they just keep going with minimal outlay , i suppose it's because they were built right from the outset .........

not so sure about the tractor mind!;):ph34r::D

• Like 3

On 6/25/2020 at 5:59 PM, Paul Palmer said:

well looked after kit Martin you have there

Thanks Paul, I try to keep them all in good order so I know I can jump on and crack on with the job when I need. 

On 6/25/2020 at 11:21 PM, smithy said:

On 6/26/2020 at 5:26 AM, Valley Axe Man said:

Most probably Smithy, there be a couple of folk getting withdrawal symptoms with the lack of baking.... sure job will come right.... before too long ;) been a bit had off for bales around about, spotted a 4000 last night on my way home turning hay with a haybob, that fella has or had a 6 pot nuff that he bought out of one of the local machinery sales, not seen it for a while though, and first time i seen this 4000 there..... Both you and Martin been cracking on though making hay whilst the sun shines.... meanwhile at work in the workshop at work it was definatley a case of Betty Swollocks..... overalls is no good in weather like this 

I think it must be withdrawal symptoms yes, or maybe it was heat stress, it was so hot I was almost cookieing, err I mean cooking ;). Good to hear you got your hay in Smithy. Those seagulls had more sense than the holiday makers and were social distancing. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/26/2020 at 5:50 AM, 844john said:

I thought Martin meant that his air con needed re gassing and that it was him that was baking,  another case of betty swollocks:D. Looking very tidy there Martin, you're right though, they just keep going with minimal outlay , i suppose it's because they were built right from the outset .........

I like to keep the window open a bit so I can hear what’s happening but I must admit, it’s nice to shut them and give the air con a 5 minute blast now and again. Just to keep it in working order of course:P. It’s the baler Prior to it being here it belonged to Abbey Farm and I think it’s fair to say it had a harder life than it was made out to have had. Was a fair bit to put right to get it to were we were happy with, but you live and learn. 

17 hours ago, mb86 said:
On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2020 at 5:50 AM, 844john said:

I like to keep the window open a bit so I can hear what’s happening but I must admit, it’s nice to shut them and give the air con a 5 minute blast now and again. Just to keep it in working order of course:P. It’s the baler Prior to it being here it belonged to Abbey Farm and I think it’s fair to say it had a harder life than it was made out to have had. Was a fair bit to put right to get it to were we were happy with, but you live and learn. 

Who was on Abbey at the time when you got it Martin?

1 hour ago, 844john said:

Who was on Abbey at the time when you got it Martin?

Same chap that is there now. It was bought through barney sale but we went and had a look at it before hand. I’ll not go into too much detail on here but some of the issues would have been known that we weren’t told about. 

35 minutes ago, trigger82 said:

Helping cut the Grass at the football pitch today in this lettle fendt 

20200702_160508.jpg

20200702_160452.jpg

20200702_173147.jpg

Is that actually made by Fendt? Looks more like an Iseki.

• Confused 1