What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

Strimmed the edges, mowed the lawn, then started the big clear out of the garden shed! Bought this shed a few years ago and promised that it would be used as a workshop... Since then, my father in law died, leaving us with extra furniture which my wife doesn't want to get rid of, I've cleared out some of my hobbies and put things in there waiting to sell and... well, after this afternoon, it's now possible to get into the shed without actually lifting things out onto the lawn!!! Still a lot to do, but it's a start.

Need to get it clear to have somewhere to work on restoration projects - several old Britains tractors awaiting some tlc!

• Like 2

Arrived home at 4am this morning in a rather disorderly state of dehydration having celebrated my brother's 27th birthday in style. So having eaten nothing other than ibuprofen for my breakfast I decided a much more appropriate cure was required....a spot of twitching! :)

Red Kite...........

P1310075_zps84dce09e.jpg

P1310074_zpscbc2254a.jpg

..............followed by subject matter i'm a little more accomplished at capturing in action. :)

P1310213_zpsca865846.jpg

• Like 4

You'd hardly believe the picture of the Jag was taken through the tractor windscreen would you?

Some good pictures if the red kites David, not seen them round home before but there are a lot about now

• Like 1

That's a well caught Jag, David.

As for the Kites, I see them in their dozens on my trips to Wales with hay but as yet have not caught them on the camera. Their numbers are rising.

Thanks ever so much Tris. Rather pleased how that photograph of the Jag turned out especially as it was taken from inside the cab of the tractor I was riding "shotgun" in at the time. I had a great day following the action. I noticed three Red Kites circling around that particular field. Really enjoyed trying capture the two that I managed to photograph, they made for a rather magnificent sight even if my pictures don't really do them justice.

You'd hardly believe the picture of the Jag was taken through the tractor windscreen would you?

Some good pictures if the red kites David, not seen them round home before but there are a lot about now

Thanks ever so much Patrick, and thank you for being such a fantastic chauffeur for the day, I had a brilliant time. :)

been out for a walk today, went from our house in plymouth, via the plym trail, then drakes trail out to tavistock ,bite to eat then bus back home, left ours at 8.45, got to tavi arround 12.45 not bad really for  round about 15/16  miles

Been putting in a couple of 8' posts and some trellis today as part of a screen to protect my new greenhouse from "Spaniel damage" as he runs past it, just need to make the gate now to shut him out of that part of the garden

Making up kindling.... I clinched a contract for my boss for 2000 nets of kindling. With our machine, two of us can knock out 100 a day if we can keep going. We're 700 nets in... With our other contract with a shop and nets for our own customers, we'll be looking at a total of about 4000 nets for this winter.

What a thought! :of

lovely in devon john :laugh:  :laugh: :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  

Hohohohohohohohoho... I'm coming back today, so watch out for high winds and thunderstorms - they're bound to follow me down! Visited the Darlington Railway Museum yesterday, which was small but nice. They've got a railway layout there which has some very nice agricultural scenes. I'll post some pics when I get home.