What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 5:04 AM, Valley Axe Man said:

Be a good restoration project for somebody there Smithy

Yes Paul but I have enough to do at moment so I will leave them alone , I was talking to somebody on Saturday that collects that sort of thing and he said that he had been told about them and when he rung up to ask he was told that they had already been sold to a collector he left his phone number just in case  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Paul Palmer said:

I seen jd out mowing today,very little grass there,and also a new Holland out ferty spreading,hope it rains soon to help wash it in,else I cant see the point,or am I wrong in that opinion?

No, i agree Paul, we still have half our fert still sat in the shed, without moisture grass won't grow anyway and also the rain is needed to wash it in otherwise it just sits on the top. By the forcast though we're due some over the next two or three days, fingers crossed! Hopefully with all the heat in the ground grass should shoot away if we get a good soaking

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, 844john said:

No, i agree Paul, we still have half our fert still sat in the shed, without moisture grass won't grow anyway and also the rain is needed to wash it in otherwise it just sits on the top. By the forcast though we're due some over the next two or three days, fingers crossed! Hopefully with all the heat in the ground grass should shoot away if we get a good soaking

That was a rather welcome heavy shower john, was like standing under the hosepipe!^_^

Had some menacing rumbles of thunder overhead but only a couple of showers so far tonight, it's forecast rain for the next 3 days but not holding my breath, mind the cows maybe know better as they didn't want to go back out to the field after milking tonight and were all stood in the cubicles so gave them some fresh sand incase they wanted to stay in all night, if they are still in later I'll drop them a bale in to munch on. 

we mustn't be doing it right Martin, mind you, the wife still talks about what she calls 'Young Farmer Dancing' from days gone by.......apparently it looked like lives could have been lost on the dancefloor!:o Anyway, I've been told that 'Strictly ' certainly won't be calling any time soon!:lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I feel your pain lads, we got lucky yesterday, finished the wheat, backed the claas Tucano in the shed and an hour later it rained for 15 mins and gave us 16 mil. We hadn’t had a single drop here since may 27th. Cows have munched through 300 bales of fodder out in the fields already this summer. Not good.

• Thanks 1

No, joking aside, its not good is it Chris, I'm sure a lot of these folks who are saying that it should stay like this for months on end may view it differently when they get to the checkout with their shopping trolley later this year

• Thanks 2

will be interesting to see if the rain we have had, and whats predicted for tomorrow  gets the grass going , have only seen the odd place doing a second cut, and that was a very poor short crop, and i suspect no hope at all of a 3rd cut . the spring wheat and barley is  looking very poor in places to, more so up north devon/cornwall, down south it looks a bit better, but not great, suspect the rains to late for that to get any  better,if anything it will probably knock it flat ,as theres strong  winds due with it . to be honest the maize isnt looking that good either ,again more so up north, ,very patchy and short 

6 hours ago, 844john said:

we mustn't be doing it right Martin, mind you, the wife still talks about what she calls 'Young Farmer Dancing' from days gone by.......apparently it looked like lives could have been lost on the dancefloor!:o Anyway, I've been told that 'Strictly ' certainly won't be calling any time soon!:lol:

And they say today's youngsters are out of hand...:P. Maybe some of the female dancers could come and show us how to do it correctly, mightn't make much difference but it will take our mind off things for a bit. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, mb86 said:

And they say today's youngsters are out of hand...:P. Maybe some of the female dancers could come and show us how to do it correctly, mightn't make much difference but it will take our mind off things for a bit. 

Good idea Martin, bagsie Rachel Riley:wub:......or Louise:wub:....or.....:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, 844john said:

Are you heading off to escape the heat Justin?;)

Could have said that alright a few days back !! Seems the weather is after turning now .. But to be fair ...we needed rain . Farmers are panicking & already opening silage pit & feeding bales !! The second cut will be late !! Good timing for Spain tough !!:D

• Like 2

Justin, you're going to miss the attempt at the most County tractors in one field tomorrow.

And the attempt at the most MF65s in the adjacent field.

Actually, that reminds me, I must charge the batteries in my camera.

• Like 1