Farm and Site

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

received mine yesterday not over the moon at the contents but it's a start.  very much concentrating on older models nothing really on new releases or up and coming models.  hope it improves! this is maybe just my opinion as my favourite items are the newer more detailed models.  i see garret has some pictures of his sheds in it, looking good, nice to see someone from the forum contributing.

Not got mine yet but if it is as poor as you make out I won't be too bothered, if in two more issues its the same then I will be concerned and give thought to the renewal of my subsription...... it will take time for this mag to come back together as it was or better and it is the only one that focuses on my hobby so..........

If you took out the year's subscription then you get 6 issues.

Hopefully ??? ??? ???. This one is so late its out when issue 12 should be out. I wonder is Julian going tosend another issue to people like me who suscribed from the start or from issue 7?

Got mine today. It goes page 1-6 as it should, then jumps to 9, carries on to 16 as normal, then I get pages 7-8 and then back to 17 to the end. Apart from that its Ok. Not much on new models ???

Mines ok no page number errors 24 sides if you included the last un numbered one

It has

page article on ltd ed kings model TE20

Page on Auction scene

Page on obiyuary MD of Britains

page on news and new products

page on site and construction

page on readers models - very good

6 page on Britains combine harvest

4 pages on Fordsons

Page on real tractors

A lot of text though! less pictures than the old ones and no real news on new models - Apart from the Yellow MF sorry Marky!

But overall I see the potential for the future

Mines ok no page number errors 24 sides if you included the last un numbered one

It has

page article on ltd ed kings model TE20

Page on Auction scene

Page on obiyuary MD of Britains

page on news and new products

page on site and construction

page on readers models - very good

6 page on Britains combine harvest

4 pages on Fordsons

Page on real tractors

A lot of text though! less pictures than the old ones and no real news on new models - Apart from the Yellow MF sorry Marky!

But overall I see the potential for the future

Is the Yellow MF in it then  ??? - Julian asked me to advertise... but he wanted WAY to much money for the current circulation in my opinion... so I declined  :-[

:D :D :D - I've just petrol bombed his house Brian  ::)

Really a 1/4 page  ??? ??? ???

It does make you smile when you read the article below it - discussing the forthcoming auction in Sussex on Mon 20th November!

He does appologise for the delay and asks for any feedback or article that may interest readers - I hope this will lead to good interation from the FTF members as most of his readers are on here and you all have great collections, conversions and businesses that people would like to know more about.

I havent got mine yet but as Jason said its the only magazine that focuses on our hobby so I am happy to have a mediocre magazine as its better than no magazine!

However theres no excuse for not contacting the previous contributers and the editor should listen to feedback from the subscribers and aim to improve the quality and quantity going forward.

We just need to inform him of what we like to see as far as content goes and hopefully it will only improve - the last editor had the content spot on I feel..even though Im not really into contstruction models it was still interesting to read about them. My favourite articles were the ones by Martyn Reeve where he focussed on a particular make and discussed the various models made by the different manufacturers. Warner Halls' articles on his prototypes also made fascinating reading.

Phew....my longest post ever!!

Aidan

Mines at home but my lad says I will not be impressed ( I'm away in sunny Corby;)

So I'll wait and see  :-X

Got mine today not too bad but hopefully it can only get better from now on at least its still going anyway.

Just down the road from me as im from Kettering and Corby was on the news today as the asbo capital  ;)