Real hay being made by real machines....

nice pics mate, and a lovley old working fleet there, we always baled small bales, in wheat ect, was the best way to handel them on the farm and arround the pens ect so my uncle said, and still does,even though we dont farm anymore he  never saw the point of big bales arround the farm like that

Was walking the dogs this morning with my father, who was bemoaning the fact that so few people make small bale hay, and good quality hay making is becoming a lost art.

Later the same day on taking my son home from school i came across a local farmer making a liar out of him

been out walking around coxley today then have you ? ;)

FANTASTIC... what a wonderful 135 as well  :o :o - I bet that is a real rare lady... and she's a red wheeler as well... one of the first red giants in the UK I would guess....

And the 65 looks like a gem as well... great find... thanks for posting  ;D

Those rear wheels certainly are not original, I've never seen that type of square centre  wheel on a 65 before.

Nice pictures despite odd looking wheels on rear of 65. I'm no Massey expert but doesn't anyone know where these wheels would have came from??

Boy that was a quick response Marky but then again I was expeting the "massey man" would know !!!

I thank you *Marky takes a bow *  :-[:D :D :D

I'm PRETTY sure of it... I'll post some 300 series pics tonight when I get home... if I ever get home  :-\

I thank you *Marky takes a bow *  :-[:D :D :D

I'm PRETTY sure of it... I'll post some 300 series pics tonight when I get home... if I ever get home  :-\

either 200/ 300/ 600 series wheels ,

this was the very same 135 tractor i was telling you about a month or so back marky , i delivered a load of cattle nuts to him

Great pics Adie. I hope to have some like it in a week or two. I help my mates lot out who grow hay for commercial sale but use whatever is in the yard at the time (a tractor exporter) so we use anything from MF188's to Ford 8340's.

Stacking is usually either a Ford 5000 or MF165 with a Farmhand loader - the best even to this day.

• 3 weeks later...