Marky Ferguson's collection - updated pics

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ow no now i cant sleep tonight after seeing this again ;D:of

Stil far behind if i look what you have standing in youre cabinet Mark!

So now i know that i need to find more massey´s then i already did!

Realy a superb collection i think i still need a few years to find some of the stuf you have!

Regards youre ducht MF buddy ;)

Bill, i hope that expansion doesnt go in the same speed as your shed, then again, with the frontloader and a nice lorry, i think Mark can relocate that shed and make it into his little toy room  ;)

Great bunch of models there Mark.. regretfully not a single decent one.. - just joking, tremendous amount and state of the models. Last few years have brought you a truckload of new models that you seem to have gathered all. Well done! I particularly like th DBP and 1:16 Ertl models in your collection, so, if you are out of room. i gladly locate them for you over here (at my dads place as my place is as crammed as it can get)

Oh but Will my shed is not finished yet........I still have to get electric power run in and get the shelves up for the shed museum....hopefully it will get started again once the better days get here ;) ;)

As my old man always said when I tried to speed up any work I used to get the response..... ."Rome wasn't built in a day" ;D ;D ;D ....sadly he is not able to do much these days following his heart attack (and awaiting an op for a stomach anurism if fit enough) but hey ho he is still with us and no doubt he will try and keep me right....in his opinion ;) ;)

thanks Will, Johnny and Bill...

Johnny.... I think you are being too modest my friend... I'd rather have your collection than mine I think buddy  :P  .. then again... if we got married.. imagine the.... .. actually.. lets not imagine that  :of:D :D :D

Bill... nice idea, but sadly I won't be investing any more money in my current house as I hate it with a passion.. the next money I spend on accommodation will be with the removal men I hope... I've been looking now for some time, but everything I fancy is WAYYYYY out of my league  :'(  .. or in the 'ass end of nowhere'

Will... thanks buddy.... I've got a few Fords in my collection.. but they remain in their boxes it has to be said  ;):P:D :D  - I also like the Etrl 1:16's in my collection... probably the most of all actually - they are chunky, robust, rugged and really 'sandpitable' which is not strictly a word in the English language... but I've just made it up.. so it is now  :P:D :D

I know what you mean about getting maried Mark :P  one of the reasons that i don´t want to get maried :P

And also about the 1:16 models i totaly understand what you mean!

For an example the 1:25 models from ERTL are so robust and nice of uglyness! but that is the charme of these models! :-*:-*

Pretty comprehensive collection there Mark, and showcased very nicely. I wouldn't be able to discard any of it if I were you, maybe your only option is to relegate some of the less desireable ones to the loft - lone star, ros, perhaps  :-\

Anyway a few questions.....

1) What is the Brass nut on one of the shelves

2) What is the plastic 165(?) with trailer

3) Is that a Colonel Gadaffi green 200 series lurking in the background

Cheers, Mark  :)

Maybe you should donate it all to Barry Stunt esq, I'm sure he could rehouse it for you.

Will... thanks buddy.... I've got a few Fords in my collection.. but they remain in their boxes it has to be said  ;):P:D :D  - I also like the Etrl 1:16's in my collection... probably the most of all actually - they are chunky, robust, rugged and really 'sandpitable' which is not strictly a word in the English language... but I've just made it up.. so it is now  :P:D :D

come on, get those Fords in the proper daylight ;)  , i have my masseys very nicely displayed in a cabinet (far away at my folks house , so i wont have to see them)

Sandpitable definately has it's charm. This was pre-SpecCast, Universal Hobbies, the new ROS, Replicagri and other cohorts that started making precision like models. And anything that is Pre-..... is old and charming. I am more happy with an Ertl or Scale Models addition to my collection than any UH model so far...

how many models do you have...? you must be getting in the neighboorhood of 350?

You did Sean.... I think it may well be at work actually... Clive was going to make me a case for it from memory  :-[  ..

Mark.... many thanks...

The brass nut is not an MF part at all... My late Grandfather was a Chief Leading Fire Office during the war and 'one of his men' made him this cigarette lighter out of a brass water fitting nut - I don't really have any family trinkets... but this lighter is very dear to my heart

The MF135 and trailer is a German piece.. made of nylon... I know nothing about it really... I'd be interesed in hearing from anyone who does... I got this from eBay.. and I've never seen another one since

You do indeed spy a 'baby camel' MF290.. made by the great Sir Marcus Barrett OBE .. damn fine piece it is too... very special... he made it for me during a trip to the Coldridge collection if mhy memory serves me correctly

thats his 362 highway to isnt it marky?? as for the frankie, must have been more than a week ago, thats my memory span lately

It is mate... another Marcus Barrett super-convo.. as for your memory... what did you say mate ???

Who ???

when ???

:D :D :D

come on, get those Fords in the proper daylight ;)  , i have my masseys very nicely displayed in a cabinet (far away at my folks house , so i wont have to see them)

Sandpitable definately has it's charm. This was pre-SpecCast, Universal Hobbies, the new ROS, Replicagri and other cohorts that started making precision like models. And anything that is Pre-..... is old and charming. I am more happy with an Ertl or Scale Models addition to my collection than any UH model so far...

how many models do you have...? you must be getting in the neighboorhood of 350?

Thanks Will.. I really should get my Fords out.. I have some special ones too.. I may well get a small cabinet to house them in shortly... perhaps in my office at work  :)

I've got some early SpecCast.. MF35 I think.. it's even more basic than an Ertl  :of .. I do agree though.. it's amazing how models have come on in leaps and bounds over the years.. I think my favourite model has to  be the Ertl 760 combine in all honesty... or the 1155 tractor  :P

I'm reallty not sure how many models I have.. but I suspect it's not quite as high as 350 mate  ???