Cullies Farm

smallclaas

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had thought about loose housing, but that would be the easy way out! So cubicles and slatted passage ways and automatic scrapers in the dry passages. I also putting in a crowding gate at the parlour entrance. At one end of the housing I'll have a winter return and collection area. I'll just put in a seprate exit from the parlour for Summer use. I'm also putting in two bull boxes and a dry cow housing area with slats and cubicles. Outside I'm going to place two Simplex slurry tanks. The idea of using the rotary parlour has changed the size a bit, but sure I'll see how I get on.

Have just read up on the last two or three pages with pics. Not sure exactly how to commend you without either swearing, getting too excited and letting a little bit of wee slip out or leaning too far back on the swivel chair and swivelling right off it!!!

Thanks Deere-est. My farm is in the attic, and I know what you like to do in the attic with matches and firelighters so I'll take your reaction with a pinch of salt. Were you getting excited at the thought of those beautiful flames consuming my layout? :D :D :D Only kidding ;D

Thanks Deere-est. My farm is in the attic, and I know what you like to do in the attic with matches and firelighters so I'll take your reaction with a pinch of salt. Were you getting excited at the thought of those beautiful flames consuming my layout? :D :D :D Only kidding ;D

No your safe Mr Claas. You have put alot of time, effort, know-how and money into yuor layout so far and I am sure there is plenty more ofe ach of these that you would like to put in as it goes on. It really is a fantastic scene, I'm sure the photo's don't do it justice. How long have you been working on it? I see the post started in April 05 and it looked well under way then mind. Maybe an MPEG using a digital camera panning over the whole scene could be set up? All those metal gates etc blew me away, that must of been bloody time consuming. Still, the end result is as lifelike as can be. Maybe after a few practice runs at sheds and stuff I will be able to meet the high standards you have set?!!

And not a joke in all that!!! ;)

Deer-est I would say it has cost me only about ?70-80 over 3 years to get the model to where it's at. half a sheet of ply did the buildings and the gates and bits and pieces only cost a couple of pence. Your right though it does take alot of time, but if I want to make several items I'll make a template so after that it takes just a few minutes to replicate gates. You just have to wait for the glue to dry. Anyone can make good models it just takes a bit of time and use your eyes to scale items down, it's amazing what items fit the 1/32 scale.

Me thinks your'e being a tad modest there Mr Smallclass - what you have there mate is a blooming masterpiece in the making - If my modelwork turned out to be half the quality of yours I would be happy mate.  Well done and thanks for sharing it with us.

Keep up the good work  ;)

Very modestly put!! What thickness ply is it? I think I am going to use stone paper clad board for older buildings. The Scaloox is very goo but it isn't really the thing for mass production on a farmyard scale. It is on the shelf at the mo while I fiddle with a lorry conversion and my Plastruct shed.

Archived