Cullies Farm

smallclaas

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BUGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I sold him on ebay before Xmas!!!    >:( >:( :'( :'(

Didnt realise he could have been leaning on a gate!!

• 3 weeks later...

Starting to do a bit of interior work on the buildings. The 1940s style  cow house on the right of this pic is one I did this week. I put a bit of detail in to the roof structure. The cow standing areas also need a bit of work to tidy them up and the windows and doors also need another bit of work. Here's a few pics.

post-77-132638506604_thumb.jpg

Looking good, whats going on in the bacground the, more site work under way?

Yes Deere-est the structure in the top of the pic is my new suckler cow shed. It's still under-construction I'll post a few pics of it soon.

Here's a pic of the finished roof structure of the Cowhouse.

post-77-132638506641_thumb.jpg

It does deff make an inprovement on what was there before. I did'nt really intend doing much interior work on the buildings, who's going to be looking inside anyway!! Unless your 1/32 :D I hope to do the rest of the buildings interiors soon. The cowhouse is still a bit rough, but it's gettin there.

post-77-132638506675_thumb.jpg

Well done Garret, your display has come on loads since I saw it during the summer, and it was great then! I especially like the slats, and the inside detail in the last two pics.You can say that no-one will see the detail inside the sheds, but youll know its there, and if you get enjoyment out of building it as well, its all the better. I hope you bring it to Fingal again ths year, I'll travel up just to see it!!

Thanks James,

I'm doing a different more modern layout for the Summer, that does'nt take up too much room. From what SPN is saying there is going to be lots more on show this year. We might need a bigger tent! This current display is being retired to the attic.

Bugger me Garret, thats outstanding!? :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

I admit it is a damn good farm layout but I'd never off that for anything!!!

Like James said, (the detail inside is something I am reluctant to get into as it isn't seen) when the builder of the model's knows the detail is there it doesn't matter to much whether it is seen or not. The fact you know it's there must gove you a sense of not leaving anything out, do you get that Smallclaas?

Thanks James,

I'm doing a different more modern layout for the Summer, that does'nt take up too much room. From what SPN is saying there is going to be lots more on show this year. We might need a bigger tent! This current display is being retired to the attic.

when you say retired to the attic ,do you mean in the sense that it's just going to collect cobwebs ?

or just for your own use & not shown for showing ?

as for the next layout i for one can't wait to see it under construction let alone finished  :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Bloody hell, your the boy ain't ya?!! Those latest updates are looking excellent, lots of detail inside that shed now. Brilliant bit of work. :)

Tris your comments are just spot on mate, that smallclass has more talent in his little finger than i do in my 6ft 3in 17stone body  :D;)

That is just fantastic  :)

seeing as we havn't seen a farm set up from you udi would you consider building a dealers yard to show off your stock ? as that would also make some great pics  :) :) :)

blimey garret thats is beautiful mate,puts mine to shame really does

smallclass really has done a top job on that sean but yours is just as good ,sometimes it's not the finnished article that gets people going it's the appreciation of the time & effort put into the project itself i just wish i had the time, money, & the room to do the same as you guys .

maybe when dawns got her shop up & running i'll make time for it, but for now it's random sheds for the machines on the floor  :) 

Archived