BGU

Which One??  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Which One??

• Grey Fergie
    • MF35

In "kind" was the rumor going round on the grapevine  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Don't talk to me about grapvines...  ::):D :D

I need to find out where the shield is that is used to help warm up the engine for the TVO? I intend running it on petrol so according to the Friends of Fergusson Heritage it should be taken off.

Also apparently you need a licence to mix TVO - heating oil and petrol!! This is free if you are a FOFH member (?18 per year) They will also help you register your tractor for free if you are member!!

Leave it with me Kev... I'll ask my guru...

It's the shield on the manifold though I think... visible in your pics  :-\

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't talk to me about grapvines...  ::):D :D

Leave it with me Kev... I'll ask my guru...

It's the shield on the manifold though I think... visible in your pics  :-\

Ah the boxy bit over the bottom of the exhaust manifold?

Pay ? 18 to mix TVO I never heard that before. No one will ever know!!! it's simple take 4 gallons of heating oil or parafiin or even better aviation fuel and add 1 gallon of petrol.That's what we all do in Scotland!!!

This bit?

Oh why didnt u say so, that box houses the mice who are on a treadmill and when the farmer turns the key a piece of cheese pops out at the far end and first gear is when one mouse starts treading and 2nd and 3rd gear is when the other mice take off :D :D :D  typical Massey........ :D :D :D  and that's not "Random" :D :D

Here you go - link to TVO licence...

http://www.fofh.co.uk/tech/tvolic.htm

Thanks for that Kev. Lets say I don't buy my fuel I acquire it so i won't need a licence!!!. Many years ago I obtained two 45 gallon drums of decanted aviation fuel free of charge including delivery!!. A friend of mine who did hotshot runs from the airport obtained these since it had to be disposed of. When the CAA ask for a fuel check apparantly whats taken out can't be put back in the aircraft since the fuel is now classified as contaminated. I been using this stuff in my 1941 International Farmall A and she runs well on it after adding 20 to 25 % petrol. It's also a good decleanser for cleaning oily parts

Thanks for that Kev. Lets say I don't buy my fuel I acquire it so i won't need a licence!!!. Many years ago I obtained two 45 gallon drums of decanted aviation fuel free of charge including delivery!!. A friend of mine who did hotshot runs from the airport obtained these since it had to be disposed of. When the CAA ask for a fuel check apparantly whats taken out can't be put back in the aircraft since the fuel is now classified as contaminated. I been using this stuff in my 1941 International Farmall A and she runs well on it after adding 20 to 25 % petrol. It's also a good decleanser for cleaning oily parts

Thats quite good info there about the TVO fuel guys, interesting about the good cleaner from AV gas,

Oh why didnt u say so, that box houses the mice who are on a treadmill and when the farmer turns the key a piece of cheese pops out at the far end and first gear is when one mouse starts treading and 2nd and 3rd gear is when the other mice take off :D :D :D  typical Massey........ :D :D :D  and that's not "Random" :D :D

Oh ha ha... you silly old sod  >:(:D :D :D

You won;t get in the massey massive at this rate  >:(

Went and did a bit of work on Penny today and ended up breaking her! :-[>:(

Confirmed that the exhaust was knackered!! Didn't take much!

DSCN38632007-10-25.jpg

Took the shield off so that she can run on Petrol all the time.

DSCN38642007-10-25.jpg

Checked all of the plugs. All looked like this. OK?

DSCN38662007-10-25.jpg

Then whilst moving checking the plug leads the HT lead broke!!!

Must have been very brittle anyway.

DSCN38692007-10-25.jpg

DSCN38672007-10-25.jpg

So no ride for Kev today. So I covered her up for the time being! :( :(

DSCN38682007-10-25.jpg