What really PLEASED you?

I reckon i got a job contracting with the ffarm next door.. big bales, slurry etc and milking  ;D

Good luck with that Rhys, even if you're doing mainly yard work its still a start :)  its how I started when I was 16, I was 21 before I actually got a tractor on a farm that I could call my own. All these things come with time once you have gained experience and the respect of an employer, someone who is willing to do yard work as much as backside on seat work will go a long way in the farming industry ;):)

Good luck with that Rhys, even if you're doing mainly yard work its still a start :)  its how I started when I was 16, I was 21 before I actually got a tractor on a farm that I could call my own. All these things come with time once you have gained experience and the respect of an employer, someone who is willing to do yard work as much as backside on seat work will go a long way in the farming industry ;):)

I will very much second that learn a hell of a lot just being in the yard and gain huge respect from your boss when you do good work just doing mundane jobs :)

Oh and what pleased me boss chased up his brother about my pay so will have cleared in bank by Wednesday and been offered free lunch with them at cereals on either Deere or Berthoud stand to get me known by reps but sadly can't make it as stuck doing exams :(

Wierd/sad I know but on google earth I found overhead pictures of our kit the old Claas lexion 480, Claas ares carting on our old Marston trailer, Renault 826 on the sprayer (what 75 replaced) and the Cat challenger at work with topdown ;D:D :D  all on one farm  :D

new car will be here in 2 weeks approx, in the uk now and on route to the dealer, just regestration to do and then its ours, can get it 2 weeks before the july tax date apparently

lucky sod... I'm nearly as excited as you... make sure we get some pics ASAP mate please  :P

Vendors have altered the contract of sale for the house after our solicitor told them the only people interested in their house would pull out with a full deposit hanging in the balance! Should have a set of keys by next Friday. . . We have heare heard that line alot though :-\

Hang in there Tris. 

When we were buying our house here in Hatherden we were completing on the Friday (which was 13th).  Contracts had been exchanged etc.  On the Tuesday I drove past to see a new "for Sale" board from another Estate Agent; Midweek Advertiser had a "New Instruction" advert and I went ballistic!  By Wednesday the sign was uprooted and on Friday we finally got the keys!  Whew... I wouldn't have minded but the [ex-]wife had been phoning me almost every night to confirm we were really going through with the deal for a month or more.  You would have thought that a bird in the hand...

A year or so ago a neighbour, who is the vendor's friend, told me that he was visiting from New Zealand and he would bring him up to see me.  Guess what my reply was!

Seeing  walterderwent back posting again ;D ;D

Good to see you back on here David ;) ;)

I for one have been missing your photos. I assume you must have loads to post on here now ??? ???

Thanks Bill :)

I have a few photographs to post but within the time i've been away from here i've also been very busy at work and i'm also recouperating from a couple of health issues unfortunatley which have kept me inside and away from one of my favourite hobbies. Frustratingly i've missed quite a bit decent silaging action in the area recently but i'm going to be back out taking lots of working photographs soon especially as the Power on the Land competition has started again in Classic Tractor.

To this regard i've been sending my camera out with my Dad to work so he could capture some of the plant he has been operating in a couple quarries and a big landfill site over the past month, all will be revealed very soon.  ;) 

Thanks Bill :)

I have a few photographs to post but within the time i've been away from here i've also been very busy at work and i'm also recouperating from a couple of health issues unfortunatley which have kept me inside and away from one of my favourite hobbies. Frustratingly i've missed quite a bit decent silaging action in the area recently but i'm going to be back out taking lots of working photographs soon especially as the Power on the Land competition has started again in Classic Tractor.

To this regard i've been sending my camera out with my Dad to work so he could capture some of the plant he has been operating in a couple quarries and a big landfill site over the past month, all will be revealed very soon.  ;) 

What pleased me is that there is still a lot of silaging to be done yet in Aberdeenshire so hopefully I'll still have time to get some pictures.

PS I've sent you a PM David

Great to see you back David cant wait to see your new pictures ;):)

Thanks Cerin, should have a few posted over the course of today in the majority of my topics.  ;)

What pleased me is that there is still a lot of silaging to be done yet in Aberdeenshire so hopefully I'll still have time to get some pictures.

PS I've sent you a PM David

I'm looking forward to properly getting back out and finding a few silaging outfits, theres plenty to be done around here so hopefully should have the opportunity soon. :)