What really PLEASED you?

POST? ??? ???

Mine came by courier exactly 2 weeks after submitting my application

Sorry Sue, I was just using a generic statement, I wasn't at home at the time of it's arrival. Mine also came via a courier. It took a bit longer than a fortnight to arrive but i'm very pleased I now have it. :)

Sorry Sue, I was just using a generic statement, I wasn't at home at the time of it's arrival. Mine also came via a courier. It took a bit longer than a fortnight to arrive but i'm very pleased I now have it. :)

Ahh understand.  I must admit I was pleased to receive mine as the old one expired in Feb.  I kept forgetting to get the form ::) and being without a passport means I cannot fly from Southampton to Newcastle!  True - Flybe require a passport if you have no other photo identity and I do not have a bus pass (or student pass for that matter) and my driving licence is an old one to boot.

Hopefully i'll use my new one a little more than my previous passport. I very nearly applied for a replacement earlier in the year when I was discussing with friends the possibility of attending a music festival abroad. I only used my original passport once when I embarked upon a "lads" holiday to Faliraki around a decade ago where 40 degree heat about finished me.

Ken Davies giving me a call to tell me that he'd have 5 phone calls already as a result of the article in Model Farmer :)

That was a good little article, Well done Mandy.

What pleased me, about to go to a bonfire & fireworks party, and making a tidy profit on selling some shares that I had  :) :)

siku's customer care ,as some of you may remember i bought a boxed jd 6290 rc model of ebay a few weeks back for £25 quid, i knew it was listed as non working, but had spare parts, when i got it after a bit of tinkering i still could not get it going, so e-mailed siku, recived a reply the same night  with a form to fill out and a address to send it to at siku germany ,so tried my luck, its been away 2 weeks and today came back fully working, and with a letter appologising for any inconvienence and also included a brand new sealed in the packet second battery as a refund for my £8 postage to send it to them ,think they sell at 18 quid?? given it must be 2 or 3 years old at a push, and wasnt bought new  by me, thats a superb service, if only other companys were as good at that sort of thing

AT LAST!! Finally found a plasterer who knows how to do it with lime!! All being well he'll be with us the week after this week and our remaining work on the last room will get a kick start. Taken flipping ages to get this sorted. ::)

Hearing a photo of mine appeared on the front cover of a magazine. This one featured in November 2011 Professional Recovery magazine. Stuart was asked if he did any off-road recoveries and he sent in some of the photos I took. He is delighted to have appeared on the front page and has been busy running off laminated copies for folk already.

ST837930.jpg

Well John taking photos that day in that field was not easy especially when I was only in shoes.

It was the only way to do it John. The ground anchors at the rear of the truck were not much good in the "dubs" hence the front winch was used to anchor it to a rather large mature tree ;) ;)

Oh and I think the only damage was a burst hydraulic pipe on the combine. 

Louth in Lincolnshire Sue? you was only about 20 miles down the road from me.

Yup - Louth in Lincolnshire.  One of my business partners lives there and we gathered there for our AGM so that for one he did not have to travel far.  Previous years we have met in Berwick or Shaftesbury areas.  Next year it may be Edinburgh

Louth is a lovely little town although time did not allow me to explore as we arrived late on wednesday, spent all day Thur with the AGM and returned home yesterday.  Did have time for two meals - Thai restaurant on Wed and Turkish on Thur both of which were excellent

Yes Louth is a nice place Sue, I go there a lot for a look round (plus they have a few tractor dealers there that offer a good aray of models) it's aso relaxing compaired to where I live.

I saw a MODEL SHOP - opposite the Turkish restaurant! And yes it is relaxing.  Although I think it is hectic now as there is a  music festival on.  We had to change our arrival date from Thur to Wed as  there were no hotel/B&B rooms available anywhere for Friday night