What really PLEASED you?

Congratulations - they say passing first time is a fluke and it took me three tries!

Thanks sue, I'm gla to get it out of the way :) some call it luck, others call it sheer good driving (its more luck I think)

Thanks sue, I'm gla to get it out of the way :) some call it luck, others call it sheer good driving (its more luck I think)

I have experienced both - one driver who passed first time was lethal on the road but a lad who passed his driving test on the first try shortly after his 17th birthday was one of the best drivers I have ever ridden with and that was in a 35cwt Mercedes van going to Paris. His first time driving on the continent and I went with him for a bit of moral support as I had a meeting with our French bank managers there. I was going to fly to Paris but I did enjoy the ride despite having a set-to with a really nasty gendarme who was talking about applying and old law that had all but dropped of the statute book (our French agent went ballistic when he heard). That had nothing to do with the driving though and cost me two packets of cigarettes.

Today I met Jethro! I collected a Massey 135, a Ford 7840 and a band saw from his place down near Okehampton. What a nice chap too, even the relentless 13hrs of rain and wind we have had today can dampen them spiriys :) Although I was a bit sad not to have time to take up his offer of a cuppa :(

Today I met Jethro! I collected a Massey 135, a Ford 7840 and a band saw from his place down near Okehampton. What a nice chap too, even the relentless 13hrs of rain and wind we have had today can dampen them spiriys :) Although I was a bit sad not to have time to take up his offer of a cuppa :(

you lucky git!! he is one of my favourit comedians.i have a few of his dvd's. years ago the late mike reid had a boozer in the next village from me, another very funny man.had a drink with him a few times and he just coudnt stop making you laugh.

what please me, i am on holiday for a week now, 5am tommorrow i am on my way to suffolk, via bicester shopping outlet(which may not please me after the wallets been emptied :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: )

hope gav aint still doing his dam rain dance

I have just got back from the Lake District and it wasn't too bad up there but if you are going via Bicester you had better call on BGU, that's his patch..... :police: :police:

As Mum and Dad prepare to move i've managed to sort myself out with a roof over my head. A fully refurbished two bedroom terrace with fitted cooker and fridge / freezer that's a good deal closer to where I work. :)

great news for you david. all you need for a new gaff is a fridge for the beers and a kitchen drawer for the takeaway menus. i can recommend chippy monday, chinese tuesday,indian wednesday, pizza hut thursday, kebab shop friday, and mums cooking at the weekend when you drop off and collect you washing...sorted . ;)

what really pleased me was lobbing the end of my finger off in the circular saw whilst chopping up a few logs serves me right lapse of concentration then it bit me!

And chopping the end off your finger PLEASED you!!! whoa........ strange :-X :-X :-X

That's a weight of your mind click click...sod the cooker mate..where do the models live ? ;)

Huge weight off my mind Barry. I still have a busy few weeks ahead of me but much more relaxed now and looking forward to getting settled in. As for my models, whilst a select few will remain up here with me, the rest along with my cabinets will be travelling to Sheffield with my parents as they're in a much better position to accomodate them permanently than I am at the moment, which they're more than happy to do. :)

great news for you david. all you need for a new gaff is a fridge for the beers and a kitchen drawer for the takeaway menus. i can recommend chippy monday, chinese tuesday,indian wednesday, pizza hut thursday, kebab shop friday, and mums cooking at the weekend when you drop off and collect you washing...sorted . ;)

Thanks ever so much Chris, delighted to have got myself sorted out having viewed various properties to rent over the past week or so. As for the takeaway establishments, i'm very well catered for and know them rather well having lodged in the town i'm moving to for 6 months last year ( before it all went "pear shaped" ) so I certainly won't be going hungry. Just a short walk to all of them......including a decent pub. ;)

The laundry front is a different matter, i'm not that keen on a 170 mile round trip to give my mum the privilege of washing my dirty socks and undies, so i've covered myself on that front too and have a nearly new Hotpoint washing machine reserved ready to crank up when the time arises. :)

All the comforts of home, David. Food is catered for but how about the laundry? ::)

Can't wait Sue, really looking forward to getting settled in. As for the laundry, it's a task i'm going to have get used to doing again, but so long as I make sure I keep my work uniform in decent order it shouldn't be too much hassle. :)

I am sure your Mum will be pleased not to have to wash your dirty socks!

Do what I do - make sure you have a lot of "necessaries" so that you can do a sensible wash of similar items in one go rather than have to mix up fabrics too often. I have enough "necessaries" to last a fortnight or more and I suppose I do a couple of big washes once a fortnight. Lots of towels too so I can do a load.

Oh yes, if you are doing a mixed wash remember that a lot of coloured fabrics will run so unless you want pink shirts don't put white items in! (Aunties always give good advice)

I am sure your Mum will be pleased not to have to wash your dirty socks!

Do what I do - make sure you have a lot of "necessaries" so that you can do a sensible wash of similar items in one go rather than have to mix up fabrics too often. I have enough "necessaries" to last a fortnight or more and I suppose I do a couple of big washes once a fortnight. Lots of towels too so I can do a load.

Oh yes, if you are doing a mixed wash remember that a lot of coloured fabrics will run so unless you want pink shirts don't put white items in! (Aunties always give good advice)

Thanks ever so much for the very sound advice Sue, much appreciated. I'm now fixed up with a second hand sofa and have also invested in a kettle, toaster, microwave and a slow cooker. Things are coming together quite nicely. :)