Whats on your workbench???

This isn't quite a conversion but i've made myself a little heat chamber so that when i am spraying in cold conditions i can put it in there and switch the light on, the light is a 100 watt bulb and lets out a fair bit of heat to dry the paint slightly quicker, i used it today on my 7930 bonnet and was very impressed with the finish after just an hour or so in there.

DSCF3870.jpg

With the perspex over the front to stop the heat escaping.

DSCF3872.jpg

DSCF3871.jpg

This isn't quite a conversion but i've made myself a little heat chamber so that when i am spraying in cold conditions i can put it in there and switch the light on, the light is a 100 watt bulb and lets out a fair bit of heat to dry the paint slightly quicker, i used it today on my 7930 bonnet and was very impressed with the finish after just an hour or so in there.

nice going there josh , damn good idea & possibly one of the first shown on here. like many members it's something some of us wish we'd had but never get round to actually building one !

now tell me, i have a trailer that needs a respray as the last lot of paint didn't take too well & is starting to peel off , if you could do it for me that would be great , the dimensions are , approx 35ft long & 12ft high & dont really want to pay more than £4500.00 - £5000.00  oh & send the bill to Mole Valley Farmers  ;D

nice going there josh , damn good idea & possibly one of the first shown on here. like many members it's something some of us wish we'd had but never get round to actually building one !

now tell me, i have a trailer that needs a respray as the last lot of paint didn't take too well & is starting to peel off , if you could do it for me that would be great , the dimensions are , approx 35ft long & 12ft high & dont really want to pay more than £4500.00 - £5000.00  oh & send the bill to Mole Valley Farmers  ;D

Space might be an issue there mate  ::)

That is a great idea

as long as you have not patented it I might just make myself one  :) 

What are you making Marcus?

nothing Ol , just wanted to see what a FH12 1993 World Truck Show model looked like before it was turned into something else  :)

is it a limited edition world truck show FH , or is it an 1/50 scale bog standard FH that just happened to be sold at the world truck show in 1993  ???

got a picture of that josh before you make a start on it ?

Already stripped it down i'm afraid, although i can put it back together loosely, i'm not sure whether it's limited edition but it comes on a thing job can't remember the name now that said about the 1993 truck show thing, i got it from my uncle who's into his trucks, he said it was worth quite a bit at the time so it might be a limited edition, i'll find out, I'm trying to find a picture of it on google but i can't find it  ???

I have an old Britains Lamborgini that needs a new cab & decails. I was going to freshen it up with parts from D Towse,but now i think ill use its casting to do a Ford TW-30 conversion instead cause i have a few spare Britains TW parts lying around. I also have a Britains NH 8560 on flotation wheels. But im going to make it a TM140 & add a few extras too it. Last but not least im waiting for a fat wheeled 5610 to do an early 80's era TW-15 Q cab conversion,but i may also do a 9700 with it. Just waiting on the 5610 so i can order all my parts  for all 3 tractors in one whip.  :) But id like to get an opoinon from some of ye guys. #1 Freshen up the Lambo or do a TW-30 conversion? #2 early style TW-15 or a 9700?  :-\

Already stripped it down i'm afraid, although i can put it back together loosely, i'm not sure whether it's limited edition but it comes on a thing job can't remember the name now that said about the 1993 truck show thing, i got it from my uncle who's into his trucks, he said it was worth quite a bit at the time so it might be a limited edition, i'll find out, I'm trying to find a picture of it on google but i can't find it  ???

:of  you've just broken a limited edition FH to convert to a crappy plain JD hauler ? must be mad  ???

ha ha indeed , dear lord  ::) ::)

remember JD trucks are plain white , with a green,yellow & black stripe , on them , no pictures of tractors or harvesters on them

bit later than a 93 FH

Yeah, I'm getting inspiration from convo's R620 he did and that was in the colours you've mentioned. i would like to do my local dealers truck, but that would be difficult as rather than having a standard paint job, it has 7810s and all sorts of John Deere machinery painted on the side, looks class, and the other thing is it's a topline 4 series  :-\ Unless they've upgraded to an R series now, find out at some point, need to gather the paint up first, got twin stacks and air horns to put on it as well, and perhaps a bar beacon if i can get one in 1/50 scale

Do a TW-30 and 9700 and you'll have all.That's just my opinion.9700 4WD or 2WD?

I would do 4WD or 2WD with double rear tyres. ;)

Well the TW-30 im settled on now i think. But the TW-15 is still playing on my mind cause they were common  amoung contractors years ago in my neck of the woods along with 8210s. But the 9700 would still be a nice classic.

By the way, can you tell me what colour the running gear is on that one? I'm just thinking if it's JD green then i'll have the bottom half JD green like the bumper is, then have white above it for the cab

the chassis & running gear is JD green :)