Whats on your workbench???

cheers joe, will look through them, I have found a late 70's taskers twin axel job, infact I would guess the models chassis is a taskers based one looking at ho close they both look, but as I say, I cant figure out if they mean the chassis 8 m or 25ft or the actuall tipper bodys that length?? I am suspecting its the chassi, with the body a meter shorter for the tipping ram etc in front, if its that then I recon that's my model, as I do remember a shorter bulker coming to ash trees silos, as acess for bigger artics wasn't that good, they went to the main farm

Way to long Sean,I would go for thirty feet,there are a few tipper web sites out there,but their all tri axle these days,so probably not much use, http://www.stas.be/en/ http://www.fruehauf.co.uk/productrange.html [url=http://www.dennisontrailers.com/trailers/tippers/tippers.html]http://www.dennisontrailers.com/trailers/tippers/tippers.html[

Edited by justy 46

shes been cut down to about just under 30 ft now, the body will be a 25 ft or 8 m one, which I am undecided on wether to scratch build, or use a couple of spare cheap bodys I have joined, only problem with those is they are ever so slightly to wide really, prob only 5 mm or so, but it does show

Width wise,for your time period Sean,the trailer would be exactly eight feet wide,or ninety six inch's divide by thirty two  would be exactly three inch's,if I'm reading what your saying correctly your trailer would only be seven feet four inch's wide,a difference of eight inch's,or 200 millimeters,

Regards

Joe.

that's about  the width of the lorry when I measured it from memory  so what I was aiming for joe, the 2 cheap tipper bodies  joined out of the window now anyway, as ones broken at just the wrong place , right where I would need to cut it for the join , but they just looked to wide, despite the sides being ready made,  so  scratch built it will have to be  

• Like 1

Little project I have got on the go at the moment..

Started off with this:

post-1203-0-85366400-1395597084_thumb.jp

Now looking like this:

post-1203-0-48821000-1395597219_thumb.jp

Is not exactly the same as the real one but is as close as I am going to get in 1/32 without modifying it but here is the real one:

Picture by Tim Pickford on Flickr

post-1203-0-96865400-1395597539_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Having a go at making a JD 6930 bonnet!

IMG_3008_zps5aea4145.jpg

IMG_3013_zps845be1b9.jpg

I have cut the top of the bonnet off and put it back on a bit lower, not sure if it looks right or not?!

Edited by Barry
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

got the chassis painted up now on the trailer, just got to file out the lights which I forgot to do before painting, as they will be replaced with jewelled ones then, and also made a start on the bulker body, although I think it will be coming apart, as its scaled for 8 ft wide as you mentioned joe, but I recon I need to be a cm wider as it doesn't cover the wheels on each side, ????where as the container it came with did

P1010941_zps2b7a834b.jpg

P1010945_zps2ae68763.jpg

P1010946_zps517b0824.jpg

P1010948_zpsee2b6cdb.jpg

also got the mirrors made on the truck, not sure if they are big enough ?? but they are easy enough to swap ,just got to add the silver foil to them

P1010943_zps9f0d4752.jpg

• Like 4

will do joe ,first job tomorrow eve with any luck , as for the ram I think if I can find a tidy little  engine I will go donkey powered, save doing any extra mods to the truck , the body will be blue to match the truck anyway, with hopefully the company name down the side, and if the wife can (have not actually asked yet mind)  have a proper removable cover on it, with elastic straps to the hooks , really must get that bunch of flowers bought to butter her up and get the sowing machine out   :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

• Like 1

got a bit more on the bulk body done, the rams made and in a test position .have made a bit of a mis calculation on it, in the last pic it is effectively at its max tip angle, I could poss get another 3 cm into the ram if I make another, have the parts to, but I think I will leave it as this, as I doubt it will ever need to go higher/steeper anyway, next steps to find a suitable donkey engine for it, and get that fitted along with the hydraulic tank and pump etc on the plate at the front before I can look at paint again and fix it all in

P1010954_zps73d72d3a.jpg

P1010951_zps48b59695.jpg

P1010950_zpse2bfb6ad.jpg

P1010953_zpseba733d9.jpg

P1010952_zps49ddb3fb.jpg

• Like 5

Looks cracking Sean, the tip angle seems fine, most muck would even start to slide out at that angle so a bit of cake or grain would be fine. As for a donkey Dave Twose makes a nice resin engine although it may be a little small http://www.britainstoyfarm.net/100460/info.php?p=9&pid=3157385&ack=9 or a scratch built Lister would look good too :)