Whats on your workbench???

7 minutes ago, prickles said:

RECENTLY POSTED IN CLASSIC TRACTOR FACEBOOK SECOND PICTURE SHOWS GEORGES BAR IN THE CELLAR THE MAIN TRAINING SUITE HA HA

29472483_1876067722423529_9031317622116843520_n.jpg

48402767_2252910421405922_5243721465697665024_n.jpg

Interesting to see all the competition amongst the blues, they would be there for comparison I suppose?

• Like 1

Competitor machines were, and still are, bought for comparison. At Doncaster, we used to full lab and field tests. I can still remember performing brake efficiency tests on 85 series tractors and several of the nearest competitors to see who performed best.

Sometimes we would fully strip tractors to see how they were put together, and also importantly to see who various suppliers were.

Interestingly, now a days most customers do not allow us to put our company logo on parts we supply, you can only use customer part numbers and logos. This helps to control access to your supply base! Of course, the car companies were doing this first.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, sipher172 said:

The springs really do look good.  Have you printed them or have you made them from plastic? 

Cheers, 3D printed in PLA just, still need to do some refining on the CAD side of things and a couple of tweaks with the printing itself, these were more of a feasibility test than anything to see if they could be printed in situ

5 hours ago, aaron moore said:

Cheers, 3D printed in PLA just, still need to do some refining on the CAD side of things and a couple of tweaks with the printing itself, these were more of a feasibility test than anything to see if they could be printed in situ

That's awesome, did you print the entire trailer frame and springs as one component? 

7 hours ago, sipher172 said:

That's awesome, did you print the entire trailer frame and springs as one component? 

Yep, all printed as one, with the drawbar separate, it works, but the spring detail isn't great, think I'll be just doing the chassis and springs separate for any future builds 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dm434 said:

Lucky guess by me. Exactly how many builds do you have on the go ? 

Let's just say I ran out of fingers David:D I often find when I hit a problem with one if I move to another the answer finally comes to me, and as I've said before i do get bored easily! However, I would like this one, the Zetor and a baler I'm on with finished before lambing time!

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, dm434 said:

You ain’t got much time left between now n April then , how is the zetor build going ? 

Don't remind me David! Yes, its coming along, looking for suitable wheels (again!) Is she white up with you?

1 hour ago, 844john said:

Let's just say I ran out of fingers David:D I often find when I hit a problem with one if I move to another the answer finally comes to me, and as I've said before i do get bored easily! However, I would like this one, the Zetor and a baler I'm on with finished before lambing time!

Lambing time which year? ;)