Whats on your workbench???

Trying out ideas for filling and emptying it. Might be a challenge to make a realistic cut face. I was thinking about compressing some flock in a thin layer then trying to cut the face in the same manner a shear grab would.  

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 4

looking good martin , i am having the same issues with my heap, all be it a muck heap, i don't need the compressed face you need mind, but do have an idea for mine,

that compressed option could work for you i recon, if you made a mould  about a cm thick, then rammed it into that layers at a go, it would certainly form the face,  then maybe another smaller one which could be made in shear grab size, which you make several slabs from which  glue to the front in various areas and layers to get the finish you want ? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Tractorman810 said:

looking good martin , i am having the same issues with my heap, all be it a muck heap, i don't need the compressed face you need mind, but do have an idea for mine,

that compressed option could work for you i recon, if you made a mould  about a cm thick, then rammed it into that layers at a go, it would certainly form the face,  then maybe another smaller one which could be made in shear grab size, which you make several slabs from which  glue to the front in various areas and layers to get the finish you want ? 

Your shear grab sized chunks might just work for it all, on the real job you can usually tell where you have had a grabfull from the previous pass, so making them individually for the model might just replicate that. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, mb86 said:

Your shear grab sized chunks might just work for it all, on the real job you can usually tell where you have had a grabfull from the previous pass, so making them individually for the model might just replicate that. 

good point, never thought of that option, prob a lot easier and less flock required as well 

• Like 2

I am currently working on improving the Ertl John Deere 1775 NT Plant.  

I have started by replacing the Ertl row units with UH Monosem Row Units which are of far greater detail.  

I plan to add a fertiliser tank, pipe work, hand rails on the steps along with painting the plastic sections in John Deere green.  

20190820_082939.jpg

20190820_083003.jpg

• Like 6

I am also working testing new wheels on my JCB 4220, i have struggled to find suitable row crops for it.  

These wheels are from a Challenger Rogator.  They are roughly 350/80R48.  They seem a little big, but I am.struggling for alternatives.  what do you think?

My other option is to turn it into a JCB/Knight Sprayer.  

20190820_083114.jpg

• Like 4

You'll struggle to find row crops, ( Cultuurwielen ) 11mil wide The Europeans seem to prefer narrower wheels than that, 350/80R48 scaled out at 55.6 / 38.1 / 10.93, These wheels from Artisan32 work out at 55 / 42 / 8 And should be available from Mandy at Hollylovestoys,

https://www.artisan32.com/1-roues/342-roue-etroite-03-arriere-x-2.html

Regards

Joe.

On 8/20/2019 at 5:29 PM, catkom3 said:

You'll struggle to find row crops, ( Cultuurwielen ) 11mil wide The Europeans seem to prefer narrower wheels than that, 350/80R48 scaled out at 55.6 / 38.1 / 10.93, These wheels from Artisan32 work out at 55 / 42 / 8 And should be available from Mandy at Hollylovestoys,

https://www.artisan32.com/1-roues/342-roue-etroite-03-arriere-x-2.html

Regards

Joe.

Thanks for the suggestion, I will take a look.  I have ordered a couple of sets in the past for it from Farmmodels.nl, but they looked too narrow for it when they arrived.  

I think I am coming to the conclusion that I should convert it to to a JCB Knight Sprayer.  

• Thanks 1