Whats on your workbench???

2 hours ago, MadMark said:

A bit more done to the wheels, I've done them so they are removable by the way of where the centre caps was on the tractor has been replaced by a nuts and you simply screw the bolt onto it to fit them.

IMGP1973.JPGIMGP1972.JPG

I like that idea Mark, would work on 1/32 with smaller bolts too

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Couple if big fords on the go, a TW-15 and an 8100 both converted from marge TW's. Think I'll change the 8100's rear centres for UH ford 5000 ones with bigger tyres and id like a bigger pair on the front :of But I'm stuck for ideas on that one. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, MadMark said:

Very nice Martin, I take it the front axle and wheels on the 8100 is a UH TW ?

Yeah that's right mark, don't know what would be any bigger. Not talking much mind, maybe 2 or 3mm

5 minutes ago, Paul Palmer said:

very nice Martin,good to see someone tackle a 8100

Thanks Paul, I think I recall seeing one done on here before. Used to be a contractor round here ran them on both round and conventional balers and they used to fly up and down the road all summer so it is a model I was keen to have    .

Good to see an 8100 in the making Martin . You could wrap those Britains Ford 7000/7600 rear rims with the tyres from the old Britains MF 2680 or that era of Britains (mid 80's ) which are branded Dunlops on the side wall. I done it for my 7700 convo & it worked really well .

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mb86 said:

Great conversions and photos are very helpful thank you.  I think I prefer them without wheel weights now I have seen those two, I'll have to have a look for some more centres.

1251977_800x600.jpg

The rear rims/wheels on an 8100 are 16.9 R38 Sankeys mostly which you wont find in 1/32 . Nearest looking thing is the Britains rims on there 4cyl Fords   ..but  they are 16.9 R34 (slightly smaller than what you need). and they will look alittle small under a big old 8100. You would get away with them under a 6700 but anything bigger from a 7700 up ..dont know!! I used the rims from a Britains Q-cab 6600 which are R34 Sankey representation on my 7700 convo ...but I wrapped them in Britains MF2680 rear tyres which in turn filled out the arches quiet well. Dave Purdue (DBP ) has some nice Sankeys also on his models. Could give him a bell.

{option}http://i957.photobucket.com/albums/ae59/gsmivec/IMG_1316_zpsbe5211be.jpg[/IMG]

Another option might be ripping the wheel centres from one of these.. The Ertl IH 784 rims look like Sankeys . But I never had one & not sure will they look the part !!

s-l225.jpg

Edited by justy 46
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, SPN said:

The ERTL International 784 has 36" Sankeys. The ERTL Case and David Brown 1690s have 38" Sankeys.

But I like the sound of the old Britains 38" tyres on the new Ford 34" wheels. Any pics?

Click those photobucket links above on the previous posts & there you go on the 7700 ..;) But looking at the ERTL rims on the DB 1690 ..they do seem to fit the bill if you can find them . Only thing is the centre  chrome stud on the bar axle which looks odd which all old Ertl models have anyway.. But Im sure someone could come up with an idea to get rid of it.

Edited by justy 46

• 2 weeks later...

Just now, 0025 said:

county fc?

if so which one?

looking superb!8)

Protoyping for a FC1174, wanting to make a trio of lime spreaders, theres a great photo of all three together on google and then a winching rig for my collection. Wont be the most detailed of models, paticularly the chassis but sould be nice and fast to build up and a good price too

• Like 4

10 hours ago, MadMark said:

Thanks Martin, can't be a Doe as they used the 6y version of the Ford 5000;) next up will be a ford 5600 as I have 7600 coming 

Ah yes of course they did. I'll just go and sit in the corner and think about what I said. :-[

14 hours ago, Stabliofarmer said:

Protoyping for a FC1174, wanting to make a trio of lime spreaders, theres a great photo of all three together on google and then a winching rig for my collection. Wont be the most detailed of models, paticularly the chassis but sould be nice and fast to build up and a good price too

aye looking forward to finished result, one of those would be a nice classic complement to my project.

• Like 1