Whats on your workbench???

John Deere 6250R,   Seen a few of these around my area now so decided too buy one and try and fix its obvious flaw.  Wiking failed to raise the cab which is one of the most obvious differences between it and the 6215R.  So I have taken it apart and removed the cab, packed it up as much as I can get away with without leaving a gap (2mm) and then reset with longer screws at the cabs rear and glued the lugs at the front.  Painted the door edge bottoms black and wherever else black was needed around inside cabs perimeter and under the rear window.

I also removed the exhaust number plate and painted it satin black.    I might try and narrow the wheel widths at a later date but to be fair its a bigger machine than the old 6210R its based around and looks ok on large wide set tyres.   Im pleased to see Wiking are painting their wheels now as well.   Also I felt the old 6210 models wheelbase was a tad too long but on the 6250 its about spot on so all in all I think it looks pretty good now.   The orange weight has since been sprayed green you will be pleased to know:D

P1070946.JPG

IMG_4542.JPG

P1070947.JPG

P1070948.JPG

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/9/2019 at 4:59 PM, Janval said:

Am I right in assuming this one doesn't originally have interiors, or have I "misplaced" it? :huh::D15680447812378037324591930371460.thumb.jpg.35593d695678aa06811fdf6ad1b8fb9e.jpg

I don't know. My 2294 got some kind of interior but haven;t got windows. Strange. Any  photos from that work which You can  share with us :) ?

Edited by dr-abich
add queestion
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, mb86 said:

The delivery of my D series tipper have me a kick up the backside to get on with the one I was building myself, few finishing touches still to do, ramps, rear lights, rear mudguards spare wheel etc but it's looking like a truck again after my incident. Maybe the bed could do with darkening slightly, any recommendations on what to use?

image.jpg

very smart martin liking the background also;)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, jmd said:

very smart martin liking the background also;)

Thanks John. It was a bit showery outside so I thought it inkeeping with the theme of the photo. Although if I'd been a bit handier with the camera I should have made it look like the truck was loaded!

Edited by mb86
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Looking good is that Martin :) look forwards to seeing a load on her, although forgive me here but should the phone number be 0833 for the age of the wagon? 

Cheers Paul mate. Bugger, yes you are right about the area code, best get the tipex out!

• Like 2

On 9/26/2019 at 6:54 PM, mb86 said:

The delivery of my D series tipper have me a kick up the backside to get on with the one I was building myself, few finishing touches still to do, ramps, rear lights, rear mudguards spare wheel etc but it's looking like a truck again after my incident. Maybe the bed could do with darkening slightly, any recommendations on what to use?

image.jpg

try the mix i use for the recent barn and trailer,a Indian ink and ipa mix, just brushes on,and goes a long way 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

try the mix i use for the recent barn and trailer,a Indian ink and ipa mix, just brushes on,and goes a long way 

Cheers Sean, I'll have a look, I don't want it to look old and knackered like my lowloader but the wood is too light as it is. 

9 minutes ago, mb86 said:

Cheers Sean, I'll have a look, I don't want it to look old and knackered like my lowloader but the wood is too light as it is. 

this is one coat on the trailer, 2/3 on the barn ,  you can vary it no problem ,also alter the mix ,i can get a better pic if needed 

2FF7AD15-E358-4E11-9AFF-6B9EE1A399EF.jpeg

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, mb86 said:

The shade on your trailer would do nicely cheers for that. I'll have a search for the ingredients tonight as the only ipa I've come across came in a pint glass and tasted very nice. 

1 pint or 568ml for you young ones, of  isopropyl alcohol mixed with 3 tablespoons of black indian ink ,thats a strong one, just remove a table spoon for med or weak washes ,acording to the vid where i found it, it needs to be indian ink ( found mine in wh smiths) as normal ones don't mix as well, ,have done 2 builds plus a few other bits with it so far, and i have barely touched the pint  

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/IPA-99-9-1-LITRE-Lab-Grade-Isopropyl-Alcohol-Isopropanol-1L/183965887641?hash=item2ad538ac99:g:YNMAAOSw3FNdh1yc

• Thanks 1

I've been away working for the past six months, and am looking at a career change, which will take up lots of my time to get organised.

But I do want to get this little lot finished, and another dozen or so projects progressed.

The Ransomes MG, Allis Chalmers and Fordson N are all on my SCALEdown to do list.

20190929_113025.jpg

• Like 5