Whats on your workbench???

On 2/3/2020 at 8:57 AM, Cheshire Farm Models said:

Wow this is looking good Alastair. These kits seem to be very crisp and professional looking once assembled to the standard you have. I may have to buy one for myself how long has it taken you ? 

Thank you Sam! Months :lol:

if you focused it wouldn’t take long very straight forwards. Like you say, for  their age they are surprisingly clean castings. 

13 hours ago, 844john said:

It must be the combine that's slowing you up Alastair...;)

Ooh below the belt! I

must send you a photo of the combine progress! It’s like a bomb site :lol:

work is what’s holding me up on the main. About to get the laptop out again shortly :( hoping it will ease up a bit soon. I must admit after a days work and dark nights I struggle to get enthused sometimes 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, alf aphid said:

Ooh below the belt! I

work is what’s holding me up on the main. About to get the laptop out again shortly :( hoping it will ease up a bit soon. I must admit after a days work and dark nights I struggle to get enthused sometimes 

Which combine you on with mate ? Sure It was a John Deere one you mentioned I have a few brochures I'll sift through see if any are of use to you. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alf aphid said:

Ooh below the belt! I

Just keeping you on your toes Alastair:D I know what you mean though, by the time you're done on a night you just feel like relaxing for an hour or two  in front of the fire, well I do anyway! At least the days are starting to lengthen.....must mean lambing is not far off!

• Like 1

On 2/6/2020 at 9:25 PM, Cheshire Farm Models said:

Which combine you on with mate ? Sure It was a John Deere one you mentioned I have a few brochures I'll sift through see if any are of use to you. 

I’m on with two in theory Sam, though talking about rather than doing would be more accurate! Ertl/Britain’s elite JD Z series grafted onto a uh fendt. Not 100% accurate but should be ok and will give an operational header and steering. Destruction has started

Other one is a 730 scratch build. Still in drawing phase! 

On 2/6/2020 at 9:33 PM, 844john said:

Just keeping you on your toes Alastair:D I know what you mean though, by the time you're done on a night you just feel like relaxing for an hour or two  in front of the fire, well I do anyway! At least the days are starting to lengthen.....must mean lambing is not far off!

Absolutely, works been so busy lately I’m shot. Try and get some done this weekend. Watch this space .....

8 hours ago, alf aphid said:

What’s planned? I do love these old girls

It depends on parts as to which model Alf,  but it will be a 2005 series circa 1987.   I got to drive both a 2680 and with its very mechanical levered operating system and then the electronic version that replaced it and was the forerunner to the following 3000/ 3600 series. The 2005 with its new 4wd system and button pushing options was so much nicer to drive than its predecessor.   And the cab was so far ahead of the competition, much more spacious and better visibility. Although the 3000s etc are my favourite ever Masseys you do wonder why that 2000/ 2005 series cab wasn't developed further? 

wasn't going to do these until i finished the other stuff out in the shed, but given the weather, so bored out of my head, plus the main project (almer beet harvester) is a bit hard to get back i to, i went for these, pair of kidd fymax spreaders. used to have a pair of 7 ton ones for real, but i like the smaller 4 ton, will be contractor versions, may be a while before i get back to them,as plenty to do in the garden yet,but its a start . bodys aint fixed on yet .

D1E567B7-3E17-4193-93B6-0CE288B57696.jpeg

• Like 9

On 2/16/2020 at 3:06 PM, Tractorman810 said:

wasn't going to do these until i finished the other stuff out in the shed, but given the weather, so bored out of my head, plus the main project (almer beet harvester) is a bit hard to get back i to, i went for these, pair of kidd fymax spreaders. used to have a pair of 7 ton ones for real, but i like the smaller 4 ton, will be contractor versions, may be a while before i get back to them,as plenty to do in the garden yet,but its a start . bodys aint fixed on yet .

That’s the spirit Sean. Finishing things is for losers!! :D

very nice little things ! 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, alf aphid said:

That’s the spirit Sean. Finishing things is for losers!! :D

very nice little things ! 

I will let you explain that idea to the wife over the garden alf , doubt i or you will win , and various , what i deem important even if shes doesn’t :D, part of my anatomy could well vanish . Hence the rush this coming weekend, decking all done , and in a weeks time, when i am off all week ,  path all relaid plus soil sorted, and i can get back to them all, as the growing parts all hers 

• Haha 1

On 2/16/2020 at 4:06 PM, Tractorman810 said:

You mind showing me how you solved the massive cylinder hole in behind the wheels? Have a couple trailers coming on using those wheels.