Whats on your workbench???

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, mb86 said:

Scaledown wheels Sean? She looks better on singles. 

not 100% sure , but i think they are Brian  Norman ones, i got them of a table at toytrac in oct from a spares box , they didn't say who they were by, but i did see some very similar on brians table later  on. the plan was to put them on a 1200 chasssis i have here, but i have always wanted a 1250 , sadly the prices of new ones now put paid to that ,until i saw this one, i had the spare axel bits from a broken un repairable 1200 i got ages ago, and it came in at under half the price to a new ones i have seen of late .

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

not 100% sure , but i think they are Brian  Norman ones, i got them of a table at toytrac in oct from a spares box , they didn't say who they were by, but i did see some very similar on brians table later  on. the plan was to put them on a 1200 chasssis i have here, but i have always wanted a 1250 , sadly the prices of new ones now put paid to that ,until i saw this one, i had the spare axel bits from a broken un repairable 1200 i got ages ago, and it came in at under half the price to a new ones i have seen of late .

They look like the wheels on the Brian Norman 1200.

Is that a new rear linkage as well?

11 hours ago, SPN said:

They look like the wheels on the Brian Norman 1200.

Is that a new rear linkage as well?

Yes mate , had a bust 1080 which had the same back end near enough as a 12/1250 so the arms ect have gone on from that, need to find a decent top link though, replicagri one maybe thats adjustable and easy to put on and off being a hook type 

• Like 2

Those wheels look great Sean... I’m also looking for some new kit on a 1250, did found one for good money years ago and used the tires on a 675 and 590, sadly the rims are useless, and the duals didn’t look that great either.... But, how do we get a hold at such nice wheels? :D 

7 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

Yes mate , had a bust 1080 which had the same back end near enough as a 12/1250 so the arms ect have gone on from that, need to find a decent top link though, replicagri one maybe thats adjustable and easy to put on and off being a hook type 

Sweet.

Any plans for the two sets of 14x34 duals?

the 1250 came rimless stan, hence why it was cheap, also missing the rear axel trumpets, but i had some of them from a  previously knackered 1200. i have a complete 1200 as well, minus wheels ,so another set could well be purchased if these finish up well paint wise 

• Like 1

Decided to start something new, even though there's already several projects ongoing !

Picked this up quite a while ago... It's a JCB 808 excavator kit in 1/50th scale. Produced by Nigel Paine, it's been 3D printed. 

Quite simple to build, but is quite detailed and I'll be interested to see how it turns out. 

JCB.JPG

• Like 7

On 3/22/2020 at 4:32 PM, GPS said:

Decided to start something new, even though there's already several projects ongoing !

Picked this up quite a while ago... It's a JCB 808 excavator kit in 1/50th scale. Produced by Nigel Paine, it's been 3D printed. 

Quite simple to build, but is quite detailed and I'll be interested to see how it turns out. 

JCB.JPG

I’ve often wondered why we are not seeing more 3D printed stuff for kits and small run items, I guess we will over time.  Watch with interest Gavin ....

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, alf aphid said:

I’ve often wondered why we are not seeing more 3D printed stuff for kits and small run items, I guess we will over time.  Watch with interest Gavin ....

I've bought myself a printer and started experimenting. It's only a printer using thread so it's not the best quality straight off, compared to the more expensive ones at least. But will be great with some minor adjustments (might be me who need to learn more) but so far a bit of filling and sanding for certain kind of prints is necessary.

• Like 1

On 3/22/2020 at 4:32 PM, GPS said:

JCB.JPG

now he's dome the hard work getting in all the measurements  ect it would  be so easy to up or down scale to suit people . hope they do, in the future 

• Like 1

On 3/24/2020 at 7:31 PM, Tractorman810 said:

now he's dome the hard work getting in all the measurements  ect it would  be so easy to up or down scale to suit people . hope they do, in the future 

Nigel offers most of his kits in 1-76, 1.50 and 1.32

18 hours ago, sipher172 said:

Every cloud has a silver lining, hopefully many members are able to progress on their projects in the coming weeks.  

thats the plan at weekends, maybe earlier if they decide to shut us down bar total emergency's, which is rumoured 

I've unfortunately had to place my home office where i work on my projects, so I'm not sure I'll be able to do anything. Still, too busy as of now anyways.. No rest in sight so far. Looking forward to seeing your builds getting on!