January Classic Tractor

Dear FNHIR

You're a day early! Or possibly 2. Don't think subscriptions copies will be landing until Saturday or Monday, and it's in the shops a week today.

I think it's a good issue, but I would say that! Nice twist in the model pages, something a bit different to the normal new releases, etc.

As for the rest, you'll have to wait and see!

Regards

R Day

Dear FNHIR

You're a day early! Or possibly 2. Don't think subscriptions copies will be landing until Saturday or Monday, and it's in the shops a week today.

I think it's a good issue, but I would say that! Nice twist in the model pages, something a bit different to the normal new releases, etc.

Regards

R Day

Cheers Rory, thought the subbies got it the Friday before it's in the shops!

Dear FNHIR

Regards

R Day

Looking forward to it Rory and keep up your good work for 2008.

Dear FNHIR

Regards

R Day

Those "card board" County's well they looked great in the photo's Rory. I would just like to see them in the flesh.

PS I Liked the article on the industrial International too.

PPS Haven't had time to read the other articles yet!!!

Dear BBLQ092,

Thanks for your kind words. Glad you like this month's 'Collectors Corner'. Definitely something different for a change. Next month we'll be back on new releases with a round-up from Agritechnica in Germany. Heaps of new stuff there, as most FTF members already know.

Regards

R Day

Dear All

Great comments, as ever, Many thanks.

Now an important question for those of you who buy tractor magazines regularly.

One of our competitors has brought forward its publication date by a week, so it now publishes on the same day as CT. This also means that subscribers of both publications could in theory recieve their copies on the same day in the post. How do you, as readers, feel about this? Will you buy both publications on the same day, or will you then buy one and then wait a week before buying the other one? Or will you decide to buy just the one magazine?  

Would appreciate your comments and feel as if I should be apologising for this unfortunate happening, which is beyond our control.

R Day

Dear All

One of our competitors has brought forward its publication date by a week, so it now publishes on the same day as CT. This also means that subscribers of both publications could in theory recieve their copies on the same day in the post. How do you, as readers, feel about this? Will you buy both publications on the same day, or will you then buy one and then wait a week before buying the other one? Or will you decide to buy just the one magazine?  

Would appreciate your comments and feel as if I should be apologising for this unfortunate happening, which is beyond our control.

R Day

Rory I'm a subscriber to all the Uk tractor magazines from day one so I will be continuing with them all as long as i can afford them and my eyesight allows me to read them so changing of publiction dates will not bother me

Bill

Personally Rory I only buy the one magazine (yours) this is because (A) its ussually v.good (B) buying a competitor may involve duplication of some CT articles as well.  I also think your main competitor puts all its emphasis on ancient tractors! I prefer a mix of old &newish models plus fleet profiles, auctions , toy corner etc.

A couple of tractors built in the eighties that were popular or impressive that havent seen coverage too my knowledge yet are Masseys 3650 (147hp) not to be confused with upgraded 3655!  And also John Deeres 160hp 4450!  It would be nice too see a piece on these in future publications :)  I do believe a farmer outside of Ely on the Chatteris road runs the classic MF (and a few small ones) which was the biggest in the range when introduced in May87 ;) 

keep up the good work :)

Dear All

R Day

Well Rory... it doesn't make any difference to me from a financial outlay point of view (nor many others I would wager)... but it does somewhat "spoil" the enjoyment factor.... I say poke them in the eye... show them you are bigger than they are and bring your mag out 2 weeks later - so we get the month broken up into two equal parts  ;)

As it happens... just picked up my copy from my local newsagents... so I'll be stuck into that tonight or tomorrow - Wife's permission pending  :-[

Thanks for your comments, keep them coming. It seems the clash of publication dates won't be such a problem after all. Marky, good thinking, but we definitely won't be moving our publication date....why should we? It has been set in stone since time began and we shouldn't have to move to accomodate others. 

R Day

Well Rory, I have bought your magazine religiously since day one, and will continue to do so as I think the content best fits what I am interested in. However I would on occasion buy other magazines if I saw an interesting article or I was going on a trip and wanted something to read and I had the most recent CT read already, so from that point of view that would go against your competitor magazine, as given the choice on a particular day I would always go for a new issue of CT.

I used to enjoy T&M when it was very good at its job of dealing with vintage tractors, but I think it has lost its way a bit, abandoning the 'veteran' scene to Stuart Gibbard's magazine Old Tractor, and trying to move in on CT's turf by covering classic and modern equipment. Along with this the quality of the articles and the layout has declined significantly. I think it should refocus on the vintage scene, ie Fordson Major/Ferguson 20 etc era, and stop trying unsucessfully to copy CT ideas like tractor rebuilds and servicing guides. There must be more tractor restoration stories and private collections they can report on instead of resorting to the filler of recent years.

(sorry about the rant but i think its sad the way T&M has declined in the last few years)

certainly wouldnt make me buy the other mag rory, i buy yours mainly down to the fact its got kit in from when iwas on the farm, and just before other mag are either  to new  a stuff,even though i like tractors, and others to old, ie te20's ect which i dont associate with, ct mags by far the best read out there in my eyes for my hobby/intrest