ash tree farm, tms farm work in progress

Tractorman810

21 minutes ago, Anderson Agri said:

Bkloody hell Sean thats impressive! Just get a guard for that pto!!! :P

cheers mate, not finished that one yet, or the sledge bracket at the rear, bit like a good few others on the shelf :D.keep getting way laid with other stuff 

thanks lee, the piggerys not far off done now, just the roof and facia boards and guttering to do, then i can sit it in place, and start the track board, maybe the end greenery, and also see if i really do have room to do a granary,  i have the floor space, but the rafters are the issue stopping tue height i need , i may need to be creative in moving stuff this side to get a fit i think.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

the guttering is  just plastistrut profile,  6 or 7 mm u profile i think, seem to have lost the bag it came in .

Thought it would be that. Just wondering if anyone has come up with something with out buying it. 

not that i know of, to be honest the plastistrut option is pretty cheap, cost me 4 quid for 5 x 30cm lengths ,  if the hobby shop was open ,they do 1 m non branded lengths of it at half that price, ,same with the downpipes .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 844john said:

Hell Sean, you must have the patience of a saint to have done all of those! Is it thin styrene that you're using?

it took me ages it must be said, i got the sheet sizes wrong, so theres a half sheet hidden at the back, made a template up out of .75 mm sheet, drilled out 45 odd 1mm holes , and the actual sheets pressed used are .25mm ,so pretty thin, gives the overlap lips, they without being to big  . punched each one by hand pressure only using a old bradel  with the point rounded down ,wasn't going to do it till i knew if the proposed granary would fit,  but  i think this has prob sealed my fate to a brand new build now and some head scratching, the building is easy, inside not so, i know to the right of the doors was a big internal bin, and room to park the combine beside it, to the left was a platform, about 5ft of the floor, where we loaded the pigs meal we made, in big hessian sacks, i know it augered in from the permastore outside , ,we filled the sacks from a internal red silo via a hand operated filler ,but i really cant remember what was in there to grind the wheat and move it about ,all i do  remember it being pretty noisy when it was working ,and pics of stuff like this are rare  to say the least , most have been converted into houses now .

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

i hope so, although i must be mad, prob means i will have to build the granary now 

Never ending I've found when building my layout your always thinking and have loads of ideas in your head to build and try out. 

i would never have tried a granary a few years back, but now its a challenge , i only know of one other made,and thats by a member on here called tris, doesnt get on much, but its the right ages and look for what i am doing.

• Like 1

Love the colours and the depth they give on the new shed Sean, some really nice atmosphere with it. The concrete panels are fantastic too, the texture and the cracking look perfect. I haven't seen yards done quite like them here so I may be wrong, but the change in heights between each panel seem quite large? I assume they would subside over time though.

The silo is excellent too, was working in a collecting yard yesterday with one next door almost identical yesterday and you've got the details spot on like the spiralling pattern of the panels on the side.