ash tree farm, tms farm work in progress

Tractorman810

On 11/7/2020 at 5:13 PM, Tractorman810 said:

started my first attempt at a wire based tree this afternoon, not sure on it yet, but nothing lost,the wires just offcuts from the skip at work.

28C4728A-64C3-4567-A61D-EF5144CF6381.jpeg

855A66FB-0383-4C1F-A248-003DC840996D.jpeg

That's good, how well would the leaves stick or are you going to plaster it first?

at least it will be well grounded :)

Are we allowed to say that this brings a new life to the PBX?:rolleyes: (search Wikipedia kids....)

16 minutes ago, and2go said:

That's good, how well would the leaves stick or are you going to plaster it first?

at least it will be well grounded :)

Are we allowed to say that this brings a new life to the PBX?:rolleyes: (search Wikipedia kids....)

after a fair bit of looking around researching these it seems that covering it with a latex moulding rubber is the best option , just brush it on ,let it dry , and add another coat or more as required to hide the wire up , apparently it takes paint really well,and also allows you to add sea foam to get the finer limbs, as it glues ok, although i have another material on the way for the leaves to attach to  ,best bit is once dry,it still allows you to bend the limbs a  bit  to get the final look you want. this will be the main back ground tree  of the grass infill between the granary and straw barn ,along with other smaller bits i will make. to hide the wall behind in the pics 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

after a small break and given its lockdown,i am back at it, nothing exciting for the mo,a second slightly lower silo for the other side of the granary door, could make this one a boothroyd this time, same green as the symplex .but a rounded roof  ,may yet make it a small permastore , either has a dome  top ,i was going to cut the top off as per the first, but thought i would go different.got a ladder and cage on the way for it, decided to finish this area first , before setting all the slabs in place .

848BA69F-A0A7-4387-8065-0E1769E67589.jpeg

F5AFA1A3-6015-4A1C-9469-45897C6B2566.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Stabliofarmer said:

Looks well Sean, I'm guessing its some piece of plumbing you've used for the dome?

cheers james, nope not plumbing, both are from old joint lids from work,a 5mm poly plastic material , we do 3 sizes, theres a narrower than this one and a wider one as well, which i have in the shed for poss no3 in the corner ,the first ones an extended version which is hard to come by,but you can cut and joint easilly ,i have been a skip monkey and freeing them before the biffa truck gets them, i call it recycling :D others just laugh at me either way they cost me nothing .

2553D6E3-1FA0-464C-9841-2A45BEADFF0A.jpeg

1D4A6551-AC6A-48A2-A51D-F0E0E9330EC5.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

ladder kit finally arrived from ema, so got a bit more detailing done , with the access door , unloading point , and start of the top platform, still undecided on brand, but have decided it will be filled via the blower for the simplex, if i do make a third , it will be loaded via the auger i currently have .

34E6DD61-C610-4875-A29D-8A6A0E6F6B8B.jpeg

275AAA04-9801-4E5F-858F-8E58B5FE285E.jpeg

26E52E4C-E6CE-4158-A686-ECA8D42CDADB.jpeg

• Like 9

8 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

my hands didnt, got a few blisters after adding those, worth it,but all dome separately  took its toll.cant think of another way to do it yet either .

:lol:I’ve used glue before, dabbed on with a piece of wire but I reckon it’s trickier than punching

11 hours ago, Ferret90 said:

:lol:I’ve used glue before, dabbed on with a piece of wire but I reckon it’s trickier than punching

I bet , i just sat a steel ruler along the edge and away i went at 2mm spacing, after 3  with no stops i found it was easier to do half and stop, took ages but looks a lot better than just glueing those sheet ones you can get on the side, they are too thick plastic wise and looks wrong(i did try out of lazyness) 

silos not to far off final glue and weathering now, doors painted,  concrete ring put on and drying, same with the blower ,just the underside to paint ,then some silver wear ect to add ,plus make a additive stand to fit on it, have some mesh for a safety grid ,just need to make the frame to fit it , need to sort some decals for both of the silos now .

EC5D9736-EAEE-422E-B31A-28CCCB3D736D.jpeg

BB182762-9172-4AEC-90B4-A73FCDD77825.jpeg

• Like 5

19 hours ago, Stabliofarmer said:

That's very smart indeed Sean

thanks james, ,needs a little green in a few places , algae ,maybe a odd weed at the base, hopefully this weekend coming it will be up in place, and the concrete slabs can be fixed in place, then i can look at the rest of the yards covering to match, add weeds ect then in gaps/ cracks .

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...