ash tree farm, tms farm work in progress

Tractorman810

2 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

cheers joe,only windows system i use now is the works laptop, and that stays at work .

Each to their own Sean,Apple not my cup of tea,That file I tried playing on Apple's own player Quicktime,Did play,But only sound,?? Had to convert to MP4 for it to show properly,Window's and Apple not easy bed fellow's.

Regards

Joe,

On 10/4/2020 at 9:48 PM, JEP said:

Wow!! Stunning work Sean

feels like you could walk into it, and have a look around around.

sorry mate ,only just seen your reply at the bottom of the page, thanks for that comment, i love looking around real places like this, but sadly not many still exists, most are now fancy Londoners houses in suffolk now, ours certainly is  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

sorry mate ,only just seen your reply at the bottom of the page, thanks for that comment, i love looking around real places like this, but sadly not many still exists, most are now fancy Londoners houses in suffolk now, ours certainly is  

Yes, totally agree, would much rather have a look around this type of old style set up - for as impressive as some of huge new set ups are - they totally lack any character, most look like glorified warehouses (talking about the real ones, not the diorama's)

Obviously given the way farming is going/economies of scale etc, the days of the old stuff is disappearing fast, (and like you say - a lot of these old buildings are now becoming expensive homes - mates farm in Oxfordshire had a similar set up to yours - now exclusive apartments) 

So again seeing a diorama like this, with such attention to detail and craftmanship at least keeps these old places going - even if it is only in 1:32! keep up the great work!

Edited by JEP
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

cheers gary

not  a huge amount done since, got the second coat of roof weathering on this afternoon, plan to get it sorted tomorrow all being well ,finish painting the lights and door runner/hinges 

E026666C-A344-4AEA-81EA-3EA1BAF8C8A2.jpeg

F001776F-B79A-411B-8A74-6BF8899B62B1.jpeg

Looks so lifelike Sean. Hope your proud of that one. Dads well impressed too mate 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/19/2020 at 5:04 PM, Tractorman810 said:

start on the sack filling bin , its not pretty, but its only a base ,still got ribs and detailing to do, thought i would work backwards in the milling area, so i know it will all fit, think the floor boards may be a bit to wide as well, so need to get something a tad smaller .

1E0EAA65-843C-4AD0-8539-F97C69966CE5.jpeg

1C06596B-5A89-4FF8-B2EE-02791ACE49F4.jpeg

8F62809E-2013-488E-ADCD-04D4CE048631.jpeg

5A349A70-4E96-48BE-940E-A02650BAD2AC.jpeg

Are the floor boards coffee stirrers from McDonalds ?

no mate, its a lime wood, 1 mm x 5 mm, i get it in 25 x 1m lengths off  ebay, tend to use it for doors and other bits  as well ,takes the stain nicely, and is easier to work with to be honest , have tried the coffee stirrers in the past and found they tend to splinter when cutting , and take the stain un evenly 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1