ash tree farm, tms farm work in progress

Tractorman810

• 1 month later...

well enjoy the pics lads, in a couple of weeks diy allowing it will be all changed, going up in the world now, which should hopefully allow me to make larger fields,and be able to access the whole farm ,allowing me to detail up the pig units ect ,and get proper photos from there

ah its a bit complecatedm but me and mark(old ford) were talking about the same thing sunday at his place,,but i should be able to add a couple of new pig units to it, and have twice as much field to use on 2 sides,

basicly its coming of the floor and up on some bracing, which if i get it rigth allows what i have just listed, with no loss of loft use then

Looking forward to seeing some pics Sean.  Do you find that your models get effected by the varying temperatures up in the loft. When I had mine out in the shed they didn't seem to like it.  The plastic on the models seemed to deteriorate and some of the paper decals started to come off.  Now they are all in and in boxes, until I get permission to use the daughters bedroom.  Struggling for the exemption pass on that one at the moment.

some of the waterslide decals dont like the heat, but i can sort those with some varnish,they tend to roll back as it gets hot, but with a bit of water they go back,plastic wise cant say i have had any problems, just the usual wheel rot on some of the britains stuff, but thats normal

• 2 months later...

well guys if you look back over the last few posts you will konw what it used to look like, well here it is now unfortunatly

now 3 ft of the floor and deffinatly in need of tender care and work, loks harsh now but when finished i should have 1 may be 2 new pig units(old half round anderson style ones, and approx 3mx2 m of feilds down each side, ,new front entrance is planned and a back entrance onto the othersides fields to,

so keep the eyes peeled as more to come over the next few weeks/ months 

post-46-132638558089_thumb.jpg

post-46-132638558103_thumb.jpg

cost me nothing so far, went into plymouth exchange today, and the builders had dumped 8 3m lenghts of 2"x2.5" and 6 sheets of small mdf, so "rescued "them from destruction, checked first of course, mdf was off cuts and timber was from a big pallet of stuff, real waste if i didnt use them