Border Fine Arts - Tractors, Horses and Lorries

BC

Well Bill, I know that you will be well pleased with 'A Tight Turn', all that have seen the one I have have commented on how good it is and how accurate. I've seen the one with the horses ploughing, wish I could afford it but not at the moment, perhaps it will be offered at a good discounted price later on as a lot of previous studies seem to be at this time, I'll keep wishing. So many on the wish list but not enough money in the china pig!

:)

01072010005.jpg

Close up of Classic B1220 "Tight Turn"  Limite Edition No 56 of 750 at RRP £ 350 which I paid and since I paid more than £ 250 the offer was a freebie Pulling Power JD 2140 which PH retails at £ 190. I already have one and paid £ 165 less 10% = £ 148.50 so I will only take a second one since well me being a collector and hoarder and not a money making dealer I don't want a 3rd one on my other purchase ;) ;)

The Number 56 of 750 and Sculptor Ray Ayres and also painter's initial's

01072010006.jpg

Finally the certificates

01072010007.jpg

'Pulling Power' is a nice study but looking at it critically, I think that some of the lights on the tractor are wrong, probably retro replacements on the one used for the modelling, and the Bamford plough should really be yellow and the mouldboards are too steep an angle and in real life would drag through the ground and pull the furrows but hey, it was free so I'm certainly not complaining.

I really reeeeeeeeeally like the study 'Turning On The Headland' bill and it looks like it's quite a huge study, will have to see what's in the pig.

Well Bill, I know that you will be well pleased with 'A Tight Turn', all that have seen the one I have have commented on how good it is and how accurate. I've seen the one with the horses ploughing, wish I could afford it but not at the moment, perhaps it will be offered at a good discounted price later on as a lot of previous studies seem to be at this time, I'll keep wishing. So many on the wish list but not enough money in the china pig!

I have to say Tim it is a nice looking model. I'm glad they did it in the smalller scale otherwise it would have been a bit too big for the cabinets ;) ;)

'Pulling Power' is a nice study but looking at it critically, I think that some of the lights on the tractor are wrong, probably retro replacements on the one used for the modelling, and the Bamford plough should really be yellow and the mouldboards are too steep an angle and in real life would drag through the ground and pull the furrows but hey, it was free so I'm certainly not complaining.

I really reeeeeeeeeally like the study 'Turning On The Headland' bill and it looks like it's quite a huge study, will have to see what's in the pig.

I would go for it via the PostHorn Tim and well you could get 10% discount or another freebie Pulling Power which you could on sell ;) ;)

I did think of a third one but I'm a collector and not a wheeler dealer so I knew fine i would nver get my butt in gear and get around to selling any duplicates.

nice new purchases bill  :)

you have a nice small collection of "older" john deere's now

Yes Rich  5 in total now of the Green and Yellow's ;) ;)

BO917  Sowing the good seed    B1114  Greasing the wheels    A20122  Pulling Power - John Deere 2140    B1212  A Day's Baling - John Deere 3350    A20122  Pulling Power - John Deere 2140

I had 'A Tight Turn' from the Posthorn Bill, together with the 'Pulling Power' as a freebie and my loyalty card and account membership number so I'm geared up to purchase further studies from them in the future. They seem very helpful and accomodating at the Posthorn, nice firm to deal with and very freindly.

I don't know if they're all the same Bill but I notice that on the D.B. 950 that the left headlight on mine is slightly 'bent' back and the exhaust leans slightly to the right, authentic 'wear and tear' I would guess as it's not supposed to be a new tractor, just wondered if yours is the same Bill.

Well they are Scotties after all Tim ;) ;)

I was pleasantly surprized with the freebie offer Bill, thought all Scots had a reputation of being as tight as a ducks backside.  ;)

• 1 month later...

I don't know if they're all the same Bill but I notice that on the D.B. 950 that the left headlight on mine is slightly 'bent' back and the exhaust leans slightly to the right, authentic 'wear and tear' I would guess as it's not supposed to be a new tractor, just wondered if yours is the same Bill.

Sorry Tim I missed this post.

Yes I would say the LHS head lamp is bent back

09082010001.jpg

On the exhaust I would say mine in standing vertical

09082010002.jpg

After buying the pair of horse ploughing I decided I should really buy the pair of horse with the binder study BO895 "The Last Bout" a Limited edition of 600. It came out a few years ago and I did not buy it but lately I have bought a few horse studies and it has grown on me. My supplier the Posthorn did not have one but the BFA rep sourced one and they said I would get my 10% loyalty discount. I saw another company with one for sale with 20% discount so went back to Posthorn and they matched the price ;) ;)

B0895-1.jpg

Considering that the tractor and equipment is not supposed to be 'new' then a bit of wear and tear is perfectly acceptable and expected and I would say that it actually shows the finer detail has not been missed out which tells me that in the process from reality to finished study those concerned were very good with their observations.

It came like it Bill so I'll leave it alone, the old addage, 'if it aint busted, don't fix it'.

There was a chap on a stall at the toy fair yesterday that was selling the Fergie T20 study 'Ealy Start', priced at £250. I did not take that much money with me so I didn't bother to ask or to haggle but it was not sold come the end so if he's there again at the next fair I might have a go at it. I very often do see BFA tractor studies at the local toy fair, there was an old couple 'downsizing' their collection 18 months ago and had several to offer there but most had slight damage, the only one that was perfect with all paperwork and packaging was the MF35 study 'Loading Up', I think I mentioned this before, think I paid £100 for it.

Well some of the old sayings are true Tim.

£ 250 doesnt sound a bad price for that study provided of course it had the box and packing and painter certificate etc. That one still eludes my collection to mainly due to going higeher prices at auction than I was willing to pay or I've seen one with twisted steering wheels.

Thinking of which I haven't seen a BFA sale advertised by our local mart Aberdeen and Northern marts this year. Usually in August and around next Saturday.