Border Fine Arts - Tractors, Horses and Lorries

BC

Will be ordering one of these tomorrow. That will make 5 David Brown tractor studies from BFA in my collection.

Snap Tim ....I assume like me it is " First Cut " (Cropmaster & trailing mower) which eludes your collection :-\ ???

Correct Bill, could have had 'First Cut' for £50 soon after it came out, from a shop locally that was closing down, went back the next week with the money and the shop was empty with whitened out windows, bugger! It will come, everything comes to he who waits they say, someone will want to sell theirs one day when they desperately need a gallon of petrol.

well yesterday I took delivery of another BFA. Well not a tractor one but it has animals in it. It's for my mum's 77th Birthday tomorrow and well she likes all the BFA items having being brought on a farm...I hope she likes it ;) ;)

It a China produced one from the James herriot Studio collection No A8914 Close "T" gate....must be a Yorkshire thing ;D ;D

22042010001.jpg

22042010002.jpg

22042010005.jpg

22042010006.jpg

22042010003.jpg

22042010004.jpg

Just bought this beauty off eBay, the other side of BFA, Country Artists, study of an MF135 and loader titled 'Hay For The Day'. A very large item by the description and number 438 of a limited edition of 650 from 1998.

CAHayForTheDay.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday I came home to find a box on my drive at my side door ...I was not impreseed with supplier or courier for doing this. Luckily it was not wet and the model was alright. I must email them and let them have my say tomorrow >:( >:(

Anyway here was the box that was abandoned on my drive by the cowboy courier who shall remain nameless :-X:of

06052010001.jpg

The inner box

06052010002.jpg

Box opened to reveal the 2010 Border Fine Art Tractor B1212 entitled "A Day's Baling" with a John Deere 3350 and a John Deere 550o round baler. The model is limited to 500 worldwide and this one is Number 221

06052010003.jpg

06052010004.jpg

I have six cabinets but all but that one have mirror's in them so does not make good for taking photographs within the cabinets Rich. If you trawl back through this post you should see pictures of most of my Border Fine Arts.

just smash the mirrors, or use white paint  :P  and get those overall pictures on here  ;)  as you have a tremendous collection of BFA and all them models look superb.. regretfully they are a bit to expensive for my taste right now.. until my boss triples my salary that is  ::) (one can dream, cant he?)

Well they don't come cheap Will but you are paying for quality Scottish craftsmanship ;) ;)

The first 3 tractors form 1991 to 1993 still elude my collection at this point on in time but you never know some day the blanks may be filled :-\ :-\

Well they don't come cheap Will but you are paying for quality Scottish craftsmanship ;) ;)

The first 3 tractors form 1991 to 1993 still elude my collection at this point on in time but you never know some day the blanks may be filled :-\ :-\

You might have to sell a Porsche to pay for them.  ;D ;D

You might have to sell a Porsche to pay for them.  ;D ;D

Well if the truth be know John the only Porsche thing I own is a Porsche pencil and and a booklet on the 4 x 4 Cayenne. I got an invite to the launch of the Cayenne a few year ago by my friend Stuart who knows one of the salemen there. The spread of food on pieces of slate was top notch....and the drink was flowing but I was driving my old V6 Vectra then...I surprised they let me park it there :of :of

Loved this topic over past couple of years and couldn't resist what looked like a stunning bargain

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BORDER-FINE-ARTS-OUT-PASTURE-A20100-BNIB-/250631687329?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Collectables_Ornaments_RL&hash=item3a5ad00ca1

As well as out to pasture, purchased close 't ' gate , lightly rolled and my favourite cricket saying

out for a duck  ;)

They are not normally this cheap are they ? Bill

There doe's seem to be quite a number of BFA studies listed on eBay at very reasonable and affordable prices. But how these prices vary looking at the same pieces offered by different sellers, makes you wonder where they get them from and what they pay for them as they are still making a margin of profit which must be enough to make it worthwhile after listing and end fees. Of course, it's a good idea to know what the prices are from the main retailers are to know if you're getting a bargain or not and being sent the catalogues and price lists is very handy to determine this. I save all the catalogues and price lists I get through the post for quick reference but if you see a study that you like I reckon that it pays to look at the main retailers websites which also serves as a dood guide.

• 4 weeks later...

Well I have ordered another working horse one. A man ploughing with two Clydesdales. My supplier can back and offerred me a free "Pulling Power" RRP £ 165.

Decisions decisions take the 10% cash savings or get a duplicate model to sell on  :-\ :-

03102009016.jpg

Loved this topic over past couple of years and couldn't resist what looked like a stunning bargain

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BORDER-FINE-ARTS-OUT-PASTURE-A20100-BNIB-/250631687329?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Collectables_Ornaments_RL&hash=item3a5ad00ca1

As well as out to pasture, purchased close 't ' gate , lightly rolled and my favourite cricket saying

out for a duck  ;)

They are not normally this cheap are they ? Bill

Good purchases Barry at very good prices. No they are not normally but never look a gift horse in the mouth ;) ;)

Well I have ordered another working horse one. A man ploughing with two Clydesdales. My supplier can back and offerred me a free "Pulling Power" RRP £ 165.

Decisions decisions take the 10% cash savings or get a duplicate model to sell on  :-\ :-

03102009016.jpg

I decided to take the free model instead of the cash discount since it is a nice one. They should be up in Inverurie by 29ty June.

Bill, does this mean then that when the PH let me know when my order for 'A Tight Turn' is ready for despach that I will be offered one of these as well? When they do ring me I'll ask them about it.

Good thinking Tim. I have ordered one of those too so well my JD fleet could be growing but I doubt if they will be offering the freebie by the time the DB ones comes out. Time will tell ;) ;)