MJB1's MASSEY FERGUSON 168

MJB1

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How come it is OK to re-spray and restore your MF and when I mentioned doing it to Penny you were up in arms Marcus? Please explain? ;):D

simply because kev , you very rarely find an untampered 35 /35x, & if it is untampered it's been on a yard scraper & beat to peices, letting the dung eat away at all the places it shouldn't be or a paint brush job .you wouldnt believe the condition of most 35's i see in desparate state of dis-repair , they'd be prime for restoration but not your's mate it really is too good

my bonnet is dented , there is a dent & a tear on one of the mudguards , if it was as straight as your's i wouldn't bother with a re-spray

simply because kev , you very rarely find an untampered 35 /35x, & if it is untampered it's been on a yard scraper & beat to peices, letting the dung eat away at all the places it shouldn't be or a paint brush job .you wouldnt believe the condition of most 35's i see in desparate state of dis-repair , they'd be prime for restoration but not your's mate it really is too good

my bonnet is dented , there is a dent & a tear on one of the mudguards , if it was as straight as your's i wouldn't bother with a re-spray

your so right there marcus, kevs is way to origoanl to mess with bar essentials, yours on the othe rhad, isnt excatly complete, and straight so worth the effort to correct

I would agree with all those comments made by MJB1. In my opinion far better to leave a straight tractor original. It amazing what a power wash will do and rub over wih a diesel or WD 40 rag works wonders. At the end of the day its the owners personal choice as to what to do.

Good stuff MJ, bet she's a different risde now. New paint, eh? God stuff. Any road runs planned or anything?

umm...........  no

have to agree with the chaps above kev , i'll get some pics of the condition of some 35's i see on my travels , then you'll see how lucky you are , but as said it's down to personal preference  :)

• 5 months later...

BLIMEY 5 months since i was last here

updates ? none really

re-spray on hold at the moment as cash was needed elsewhere

have been strting it regularly over the period of time though & have been giving her a good blast up the road whenever time allows .

all oil, & antifreeze is done for the cold wether & apart from the odd load of logs to be transported about from store to log shed , the only other thing ive done with her is help mads neice's move water barrels & buckets about as the water supply up at the stables is frozen up !

Nice to see you still have her mat

she dousnt look that bad i must say.

Seen a lott off these 165/168's that where not as good as this one when i where searching an MF165 for my self.

Holes in the bonnet and arches by rusting true. :'(

Nice to see you still have her mat

she dousnt look that bad i must say.

Seen a lott off these 165/168's that where not as good as this one when i where searching an MF165 for my self.

Holes in the bonnet and arches by rusting true. :'(

got a few rust patches on the rhs wing johny , but nothing that cant be kept at bay for a few more years