MJB1's MASSEY FERGUSON 168

MJB1

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

was nice to get to actually use it instead of just pulling a few logs about in the transport box !

the loader ? unknown mate, been painted in the past & just has the dealers name on it now , it loaded the dung ok , but like the britains loaders the bucket doesnt really crowd enough when up high , so all the loading had to be done downhill  :D

Super... well done Marcus.... thanks for the pics mate... nice to see her being used for some 'real work' ... just one thing...

Get that left foot off that clutch pedal  >:(:D :D

Do you have any plans for her mate on the restoration front... maybe get the lights working ??? or remove that numberplate perhaps ???

Super... well done Marcus.... thanks for the pics mate... nice to see her being used for some 'real work' ... just one thing...

Get that left foot off that clutch pedal  >:(:D :D

Do you have any plans for her mate on the restoration front... maybe get the lights working ??? or remove that numberplate perhaps ???

my foots not on the clutch pedal mate ! but i only got short legs & me foot dont quite get to the foot rest ahead so i puts it on the gearbox , sort of a habbit really , used to do a fair bit of hedge trimming & baling with a 165 /188 so sort of spend the day half twisted in the seat & gearbox was great for resting yer foot on .

no plans as yet mate , got to replace one side of the front axle beam & the thrust washers on both sides , lights ? in time when i get a loom for it but some of the dials need rewireing anyway & the number plate will be removed as & when

thanks bc , but having no cab does restrict the ammount of time i'd want to spend on it during the winter  :)

yes  not a bad day really sean ,stayed dry thats the main thing  :)

I appreciate what you are saying MJB1.. all my tractors have fully air conditioned cabs  ;D ;D but then I never use mine in the winter

I appreciate what you are saying MJB1.. all my tractors have fully air conditioned cabs  ;D ;D but then I never use mine in the winter

umm , errr, no bill not air-conditioned , i think you mean cold  :D :D

i know what yer saying bill , but seriously mate when you go to the shows all the 100 series tractors are usually cabless,very rarely see one with it's cab,so the cab will eventually go back on  :)

in any case apart from the 135's i never worked with a bigger 100 series cabless tractor :)

thanks bc , but having no cab does restrict the ammount of time i'd want to spend on it during the winter  :)

yes  not a bad day really sean ,stayed dry thats the main thing  :)

all the more reason to sort that flexi cab out mate, for those winter jobs that are bound to come in

umm , errr, no bill not air-conditioned , i think you mean cold  :D :Di know what yer saying bill , but seriously mate when you go to the shows all the 100 series tractors are usually cabless,very rarely see one with it's cab,so the cab will eventually go back on  :)

in any case apart from the 135's i never worked with a bigger 100 series cabless tractor :)

Oh yes I know I have travelled many miles in my cab less Nuffield in the wet and cold ;) ;)

On the Cab side of things yes you are right you don't see many cabbed version at shows I always thought the main reason for this was people kept their tractors in confined spaces eg garages with height restrictions etc.

Marcus!!

Has that tractor been on steroids or have you shrunk??  :D :D :D :D

dont think the tractors got any bigger jas , but as for me :) ? well lets just say i feel like a big kid when i'm around it

to me they look better with the cab on

and have you done more work on her coz shes looking alllot better then when u first bought her  :)

what are you going to do marcuss put the flexi back on ????

or go for the ridged????   ;)

i hope the flexi cab will be replaced at sometime nigel,mainly because that was already on it so i have the frame to hand,on the other hand , i've seen complete rigid frame cabs about for reasonable money , but apart from a QD cab on a 135 i've not worked in a rigid cabbed 100 series & want to try to keep as familliar as possible to the tractors i used to drive , the flexi cab for me has a bit more character  :)

Looking good mate, like the others said.. It is nice to see it being put to good use. Been waiting or these pics or yonks!!

going to be a while till it gets any proper work again though mate :'(

all the more reason to sort that flexi cab out mate, for those winter jobs that are bound to come in

not got anything planned for winter mate , with any luck i can start tinkering with it over the winter

Great to see her doing a bit of work mate...... :) :)

bit like yer 20 mate , work or not just nice to blast up & down the roads for a bit  ;)

GREAT to see you out and about  on her mate  and about time too :) :) :)

it was too mark , felt good to be in the seat of a proper tractor again & not to be sat in something that resembles thunderbird one  :D

On the Cab side of things yes you are right you don't see many cabbed version at shows I always thought the main reason for this was people kept their tractors in confined spaces eg garages with height restrictions etc.

may have something to do with it mate  never really given much thought to where some people have to store them :-\

nice pics there Marcus, good to see it out and about!!.....oh and some may moan there are scroll bars in the pics when you click on them :D :D :D::)

are there ben ? not on my screen there isn't ?  only if i click on the pic do i need to scroll around

• 2 weeks later...

well due to the fact she's carried a loader round on her for most of her working lfe , i knew there'd be some bad news at the front , so with new thrust bearings in hand i set about fitting them

post-211-132638800882_thumb.jpg

the other side wasn't none too clever either , so the same treatment applied :)

all done & no slack , main axle pivot has no slack& the wheel bearings are both good , so just greased up & done