My work mate telling me his Super Major is going to have to go, just as he was getting it in shape aswell, he said its to much of a commitment and money pit, but in my eyes he had broke the back of it, just the tinwork and a few odds and ends to sort, no summer ploughing match then :'( :'(

Last night we lost Nell, our big beautiful Rottie. It was so sudden. One minute she was fine, then the next she just went to bed and went to sleep. Tried to revive her but it was too late. We are all devasted. Words can't describe how lost we all feel. She was only two and a half years old. R.I.P. our darling girl , sleep tight xx

Oh man you and Marcus terrible sorry you lost your Nell...just like family.....

Sorry to hear your sad news, we know how much you both adored her, she was a beautiful dog.

Val I never got to give you a proper welcome....didnt't realize you were here....sorry I missed it...anyway welcome to FTF......

Last night we lost Nell, our big beautiful Rottie. It was so sudden. One minute she was fine, then the next she just went to bed and went to sleep. Tried to revive her but it was too late. We are all devasted. Words can't describe how lost we all feel. She was only two and a half years old. R.I.P. our darling girl , sleep tight xx

so sorry to hear that, wish you both well, at two & a half i realise how lucky i was to have penny for 11 years

Thanks for all your kind thoughts, they really do help

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us" ~ Robert Louis Stevenson

This is such a lovely thought, and it is exactly what we keep telling the kids. Thanks again.

A similar thing happened in our village several years ago.  A lovely thatched barn was  converted into a very large house.  Absolutely stunning but one saturday evening the thatch caught fire and the entire building was razed.  No one was hurt, fortunately, but nothing was saved.  All the villagers helped out with bedding/sleeping bags and clothing but the couple who owned it were devastated and sold up after it was rebuilt (in brick)

• 4 weeks later...

I know how you feel CMB My Gramp is very poorly with cancer, he is on liquid morphine and the Macmillan Nurse is there all the time, not looking good, you have my sympathy.

My grandad finally succumbed to Mesothelioma late on Thursday, just shy of his 85th too! :(

• 2 weeks later...