Forum Issues and Updates

According to the latest update from Andy you should now be able to log in the forum through Facebook so that might help to move photos across between the two platforms...........just don't ask me how to do it though please :-[

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

i belive we had a database issue, which resulted in only andy being able to sort this, via the server company

, we mods can only access some features of the hammer and nails fix kit,where as andy can use superglue,hes the head cheese afterall ,  of course we did all have a good laugh giving up our time to try and sort it out

i had to read a book,the wife was in total shock at that ,  robbo apparently had to watch that big new tv of his, gav actually did some work , and you members well  madmark, well we aint to sure what he did but it was probably bad >:D>:D>:D 

one thing that has come from it is we need a clean up of certain topics , and areas, this may mean some topics are merged into one bigger rolling one, as being a free forum,we do have at time limited bandwidth ,usually peak times, the joys of you guys having it for free, posting say a seperate topic for every thing you do, when a single topic for all your stuff may need to be implememted,especially if your a prolific conversion person or similar . all helps in the housekeeping side we need to do thats all,and with luck saves to much downtime .

we will of course do this without telling you and have a big laugh when we see you hunting around for a topic you started :rolleyes:;D;D;D got to have some fun aint we 

On ‎22‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 9:39 AM, Tractorman810 said:

one thing that has come from it is we need a clean up of certain topics , and areas, this may mean some topics are merged into one bigger rolling one, as being a free forum,we do have at time limited bandwidth ,usually peak times, the joys of you guys having it for free, posting say a seperate topic for every thing you do, when a single topic for all your stuff may need to be implememted,especially if your a prolific conversion person or similar . all helps in the housekeeping side we need to do thats all,and with luck saves to much downtime .

One or two members may notice that this has now happened and that they have individual topics in their own names on certain boards for their various posts, this has solely been done for the reasons stated above by Sean so please do not see it that we have singled any one member out in an act of malice.

6 hours ago, Gav836 said:

One or two members may notice that this has now happened and that they have individual topics in their own names on certain boards for their various posts, this has solely been done for the reasons stated above by Sean so please do not see it that we have singled any one member out in an act of malice.

i have completey lost the original P&A Farms topic,but havent heard of any other member on here losing a whole topic,it just completey vanished,Chris tried looking for me,but never found it,complete mystery

Notice to all members.if you get a pm intitled"hello" , don't relply to the email. This is very suspect, and we are looking into it. I have received one and toolbox tam has reported one aswell. Please let us know if you are a recipient of it. DO NOT reply to this Turkish guys email. The email we mods can see on his profile DOES NOT match the one in his personal message . This member only signed up 15 hours ago, bear with us while we check it out. 

Thanks 

Chris.

1 hour ago, Tractorman810 said:

yes mate, hes been blocked now so chances are the message has gone to 

Ok it came though on phone about 11-34 this morning and where I was working phones are banned on site (health &safety) had a look about 1ish lunch time but no message after the Hi smithy  

Paul,

I have a similar problem and it has been like that for quite a while and there only seem to be a few people who are affected. The way round it is to find the person that you want to send a message and hover over their name, that will open a dialogue box and you can then select "message" from there, that way it will open the message box correctly and you will be able to add text

1 hour ago, robbo said:

Paul,

I have a similar problem and it has been like that for quite a while and there only seem to be a few people who are affected. The way round it is to find the person that you want to send a message and hover over their name, that will open a dialogue box and you can then select "message" from there, that way it will open the message box correctly and you will be able to add text

Robbo,

many thanks,followed your advice,perfect,thanks again