Gin Horse Engine House

JC

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon he's trying to take credit for Mrs P's work - as usual!  ::)

But seriously - great to see the project finally under way Jason. I know how frustrated you've been with the delays over the years. Isn't it amazing how quickly things can happen when you find a bureaucrat who actually knows what they are supposed to be doing, instead of one who just wants to cover their backside.

Hope to see it in the flesh someday soon!

Indeed!  ;)

Very very nice house you've got their Jason  :o so how thick is the wall at the bottom where you've got to knock through  :D And i how many stairs you got in there  ::)

Your gonna laugh.... I think there are 39 steps!!

The walls at ground level are around 40" to 44" thick in the places I have been able to measure previously.

What a great looking house. You've certainly done a great job on the extension. (When is the room warming party ?  :D :D)

The dogs are looking good as well, seems like just last week when you got them.......Is your Holly clumsy like standing on her ears and tripping over her feet  :D

• 4 weeks later...

LOOKING GOOD Jas , bet you can't wait to get it in the dry and knock through that lovely thick wall. :o :o :o

We've just been discussing that today Mark..... I'm certainly not as fit as I was when I knocked through on the other side of the house.... some serious 14lb hammer work!!!

looking good!!!!!, how is the end wall/roof to be constructed, trying to picture it in my mind?

See Mel is impressed! ;) ;)

It will be "Hipped".... you'll see in the next few days.  ;)

Lovely job Jason - I presume you're leaving the 'old' timber exposed?  :)

Yes, the new truss and purlins will be cleaned up and left exposed John, all the "new timber" will not be seen.

Looking very good now Jason now its starting to take shape  :o :o ;) ;) Wahts happened above the blocked up window on the main house been patched up  :-\ :-\ :-\

It's been rendered many years ago Simon, I can only assume that the stone is badly "blown" there. The walls are solid and most of the stone used is bedded deep which makes it almost impossible to remove individual pieces to replace them like you could on a cavity wall or a rubble filled wall.