Gin Horse Engine House

JC

really taking shape now jas aint she, really dont envy  you trying to knock through mind, i guess **** cutting then hammer and man powers the only way, shame theres not french doors or some way a mini digger could get in with a small pecker chissel on it to get the worst out

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

really taking shape now jas aint she, really dont envy  you trying to knock through mind, i guess **** cutting then hammer and man powers the only way, shame theres not french doors or some way a mini digger could get in with a small pecker chissel on it to get the worst out

Remind me never to employ you.....  :o :o :o

Sean, have a word will ya!!!  :D :D

Anyway, yeah Jase nice work. Going to be some nice views from the windows of this new extenstion too. What an area, nicely done mate.  :)

Looking superb Jason, not seen this topic before but I'm extending my house at the moment too so this is of huge interest to me!

I'm far luckier than you in one respect, our cottage is 1880 ish red brick, not listed or in a conservation area in any way. Which is fortunate because the 4000 bricks that turned up weren't actually as close to the original as the sample!

If anyone wants to see what we're doing [large scale project!!] I may well stick some pics of mine up somewhere. Although the craftsmanship is not anywhere near the league your crew is in!

Keep them coming, my roof is all tiled now, bloody awkward shape too. Looking forward to seeing yours done!

While the joiners have been busy with that, I've been starting on phase two..... the garage.

This has required some more digging out and this presented me with the first problem to overcome..... the mains electricity supply to the house!!

This picture shows where the supply originally ran........

april2608066.jpg

april2608067.jpg

After digging up the public footpath beside my garden and re-routing the cable to give me the extra cable to route it around the garage..... this saved me a 12 week wait and a good few hundred quid bill from the electricity supplier.

april2608068.jpg

looking good jas, do you get many people use the foot path then?? doesnt look to wide so i guess not

It doesn't get used all the time Sean but it will see probably 50 people today..... its so narrow because me and my neighbour who rents the orchard below me don't cut our hedges that run along the path...... because we don't have to!

i bet as its a 'building site' there will be people trying to get down there! :D :D :D, its the law of the sod!

I thought about putting a microphone down there somewhere today just so I could hear some of the complaints!! Since they have started constructing the roof on the extension it has become visible from both the top and bottom road that there is some building work going on at the house, my joiner told me that three different people had stopped outside and taken photo's of the building work while they had been there....... Most likely so they can make complaints about the "Blot on the landscape" 

• 2 weeks later...