Ebay... Crazy prices... useful links etc.

THEBRITFARMER

Yes!! 5 watchers ha ha. £41 + 7 postage. Almost 60 Euro for a BRITAINS bailer. Could pop down to Smiths Toys & have 3 of them in a heartbeat for that same price.

• 2 weeks later...

When I bid for an item, i pay for it as soon as it ends.

When I sell stuff, people seem to take ages paying for it, why do people not pay for items straight away??  

Surely, the longer you leave it to pay, the longer it is until you receive it!!???

• Like 5

When I bid for an item, i pay for it as soon as it ends.

When I sell stuff, people seem to take ages paying for it, why do people not pay for items straight away??  

Surely, the longer you leave it to pay, the longer it is until you receive it!! ???

spot on Barry,a man after my own heart,your on the website for godsake to bid ,so if you win bloody pay,in my descriptions now i insist on payment within 3 days,i make it clear,and people still dont pay up,another bugbear of mine,i allways pay as soon as i win the item

• Like 4

We could start a whole thread on the vagaries of eBay and the payment system :-X  I bought and paid for 2 models over a week ago and made payment within minutes of the auction ending. I am still waiting nearly 10 days later for delivery, some sellers don't deserve good feedback and they aren't going to get it.

One seller even had the cheek to say it had been posted on 15th June by Royal Mail and then, when it was marked as despatched, (today) it is showing as Hermes. Why do they have to lie?

On the paying front I sometimes use Dads account as does my mum , but we don't use paypal so have to wait for him to come home to pay but its always within the same day.  Some sellers though we brought something on a buy it now listing more than 1 available, 2 weeks later and after ignoring our messages they just refunded, some communication would be nice but at least we got the money. Now with the royal mail price hike, has pushed the postage up though I think some sellers are using it as an excuse because some of the prices are mad.

I once won an bid on a Britains TW-20 (first type/7710) about a year ago. Payed up straight away & after 2 weeks nothing was coming in the post.. Contacted him & he told me it was posted straight away when I payed up & told me wait out for another few days. Waited & waited  ,still nothing. Then he was telling me it got lost in the post maybe. So he tried to give me another Britains tractor. MF 595 i think. Was not interested as I had one anyway. So I finaly got it outa him that he had damaged it himself while packing, but led me down the garden path for almost 4 weeks. Pure chancer unless he was waiting to source another for me  & was having no luck . Got my refund after a long hard battle . What piddled me off the most is that he was an Irish seller only 80 miles up the road & it was the first time I had ever purchased from an Irish seller . Most of the stuff I had got on EBAY previous had come from the UK and I had never had a problem after 30 + purchases from the UK until this.   

Same as others i always pay right away but daff as it sounds it the small sums where they dont pay up on  sold a few little cottages for the Mrs on there & 3 winners did pay  only the odd 99p too ha ha!   - its them with 2 address es thats odd & terying to get the right 1 is nt easy :of

A few years a go i sold a model into NI the lad pm 3 weeks later  to say it had not turn up  after checking  it had deffo been sent anyway i return his funds  then 4/5 weeks later this model was return to me via the post office well it had only been sitting a few miles away in the local post office from him  waiting to be pick up by him - He replied   oh  maybe i did get a card from postman  but thats at other house ha ha! but not

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone see how much that lot of 49 britains drivers went for at all? Forgot to put it in my watch list I'm guessing it went for £50 as I have seen small lots of five or ten go for more than £1 a driver

This one went for £79.04 that finished on 28th July 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRITAINS-FARM-TRACTOR-DRIVERS-IN-1-32-SCALE-JOB-LOT-COLLECTABLE-/121147578547?pt=UK_ToysGames_DiecastVehicles_DiecastVehicles_JN&hash=item1c34f558b3

Did anyone see how much that lot of 49 britains drivers went for at all? Forgot to put it in my watch list I'm guessing it went for £50 as I have seen small lots of five or ten go for more than £1 a driver

I thought about £50 as well as its usually works out at about £1 a driver , but if this is what you were on about they went for abit more

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRITAINS-FARM-TRACTOR-DRIVERS-IN-1-32-SCALE-JOB-LOT-COLLECTABLE-/121147578547?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&nma=true&si=FfseWtzCa3XsV5N8r%252FnN9DCB9VQ%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Ahhh Barry got there before me but there you are

Edited by Taz 5