Ebay... Crazy prices... useful links etc.

THEBRITFARMER

22 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

There was a very similar fiat based one at zwolle a few years back but other than that as you say not something seen that often , got my alleys one of course on the layout , and have pondered something else recently as well 

Can’t be many models of the Alleys sprayer Sean? Certainly your build is the only one I’ve seen. 

12 hours ago, New Hollander said:

Martin, I have these pics archived as Moteska, but not sure if that´s correct. (looking by the other pics below it must be)

1039133162_7700cwmoteskasprayer029cc5879.jpg.779148ee5b41060fef6584e3a924aa8a.jpg 

7700 ford sprayer booms 0054b230d.jpg

7700 cw moteska sprayer 0324b230d.jpg

sambron forklift, 7700 cw moteska sprayer 028cc5879.jpg

7700 cw moteska sprayer 02146e9ca.jpg

7700 cw moteska sprayer 020acdb1f.jpg

7700 ford sprayer booms 0024b230d.jpg

hc sprayer county 7700 2.jpg

Brilliant photos thank you. I’d agree it looks like a Moteska, the boom and lift linkage look identical. 

11 hours ago, smithy said:

I think i saw something like this in Cheffins a few years ago ,Thanks for showing .

PS , the 4th photo down the induction hopper ,looks like it is a on-board toilet 😂

I was thinking exactly the same about the induction hopper smithy🤣

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, mb86 said:

Can’t be many models of the Alleys sprayer Sean? Certainly your build is the only one I’ve seen. 

Never seen another that i can re call  but suspect theres one somewhere , the fiat one i saw was same set up as the ford just replicagri  fiat used as chassis ect , had a chaffer tank and what looked like a cut down uh amazon set of spray arms fitted

On 12/16/2021 at 1:07 PM, Tractorman810 said:

Never seen another that i can re call  but suspect theres one somewhere , the fiat one i saw was same set up as the ford just replicagri  fiat used as chassis ect , had a chaffer tank and what looked like a cut down uh amazon set of spray arms fitted

Bit of a coincidence Sean…acquired some old magazines recently and look what there is a double page advert on…

02A0B6CC-EC37-45AF-BAC9-487C4B44695D.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I will be watching this one. Value is way up.  Especially considering the seller states it has playware and has quite abit off time left yet for bidding..!! 

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/1-32-Universal-Hobbies-UH2996-New-Holland-T7-210-Tractor-/154831470493?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m2548.l6249&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

Edited by justy 46

Anyone had sellers cancel bids/purchases on them of late due to ‘damaged’ items? Had it happen 3 times in the last month, every time  when I have been the only or one of a few bidders. Just happened again on a UH Massey twin set this weekend. Won it in the auction, then the buyer cancelled it and said the item was damaged, and sent a picture of the another item the same currently listed on eBay which is actually listed as damaged….

Edited by dalethecaptain

8 hours ago, dalethecaptain said:

Anyone had sellers cancel bids/purchases on them of late due to ‘damaged’ items? Had it happen 3 times in the last month, every time  when I have been the only or one of a few bidders. Just happened again on a UH Massey twin set this weekend. Won it in the auction, then the buyer cancelled it and said the item was damaged, and sent a picture of the another item the same currently listed on eBay which is actually listed as damaged….

They clearly wanted more , the greedy sods 

9 hours ago, dalethecaptain said:

I have had a couple of these happen to me, usually when the starting price it low and the price is not going up as much as the seller wants or, they have had an offer to buy it outright even though it is not listed as Buy it Now. The seller cannot end the listing by saying he is selling it elsewhere but, they can say that it is faulty so that is what they do. Sharp practice and really frustrating at times. Had one last year where I know that the seller ended the listing because they accepted an offer of £90, I would have been prepared to bid well into 3 figures for the model so although I lost out, so did the seller.

4 hours ago, robbo said:

I have had a couple of these happen to me, usually when the starting price it low and the price is not going up as much as the seller wants or, they have had an offer to buy it outright even though it is not listed as Buy it Now. The seller cannot end the listing by saying he is selling it elsewhere but, they can say that it is faulty so that is what they do. Sharp practice and really frustrating at times. Had one last year where I know that the seller ended the listing because they accepted an offer of £90, I would have been prepared to bid well into 3 figures for the model so although I lost out, so did the seller.

Indeed. My take is the price is what the market is willing to pay on the day. We have all seen stuff go for silly prices but equally, if their isn’t much appetite for something on a certain day then it won’t make good money. And especially after Xmas and towards the spring, sellers should know their isn’t as much money kicking about so either wait until after Easter or don’t sell on eBay. 

19 minutes ago, Udimore said:

Just been looking at ebay overall commission of what they charge sellers since dropping paypal and it's between 15-20% 

Be careful folks and shop around as websites will be a lot cheaper to buy run of the mill items 

Just to confirm, they charge the seller 15~20% of the sale price.  As that seems a massive cost.  

55 minutes ago, sipher172 said:

Just to confirm, they charge the seller 15~20% of the sale price.  As that seems a massive cost.  

Yep. And that's with subscribing to a shop as a business seller

Probably cheaper selling as an individual and waiting for the offers. From what i read they take 12.8% of the final sales price plus listing fees