Ebay... Crazy prices... useful links etc.

THEBRITFARMER

21 minutes ago, AndyB said:

If you are after a truly off farm Land Rover - you cant beat this one for an agricultural repair!:lol:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-BRITAINS-FARM-BLUE-LAND-ROVER-DEFENDER-90-COUNTY-DIECAST-CAR-JEEP/233017754788?hash=item3640f0c4a4:g:XTAAAOSw4sNb-CLp

nowt wrong wi a bit of lego :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Ferret90 said:

I've seen them go for a lot higher .. But also lower...I think one last year hit over €300.. but you never know on EBay.. The sellers buddy's could have been bidding to drive up the price.. it happens..

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, justy 46 said:

I've seen them go for a lot higher .. But also lower...I think one last year hit over €300.. but you never know on EBay.. The sellers buddy's could have been bidding to drive up the price.. it happens..

I can assure you I didn't have any buddies bidding it up;) It absolutely amazes me what people have paid for these, I simply don't see why they are worth it......

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AndyB said:

I can assure you I didn't have any buddies bidding it up;) It absolutely amazes me what people have paid for these, I simply don't see why they are worth it...…

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UNIVERSAL-HOBBIES-1-32-MASSEY-FERGUSON-3080-TRACTOR-UH2920/372125381441?hash=item56a466b341:g:kokAAOSw1cNZ~GxR

Were you that guy Andy...:D  Got that link back threw this thread..

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, justy 46 said:

That certainly wasn't me Justin, the one I sold went for less but had it's faults.....:D

• Like 1

Those box sets are mint !! I remember getting that box set with the 7710 for Christmas back in the mid 80's and a dual wheel MF595 also that same Christmas.  I was around 5 or 6 years old at the time. There was a lot of rainbow box's under the tree that year .:D

19 minutes ago, justy 46 said:

Those box sets are mint !! I remember getting that box set with the 7710 for Christmas back in the mid 80's and a dual wheel MF595 also that same Christmas.  I was around 5 or 6 years old at the time. There was a lot of rainbow box's under the tree that year .:D

Ha ha showing your age now 

Yes they look good and say will make big money to 

• Like 2

I sometimes post about high prices or awful descriptions, but you have to smile at this very honest description - he is merely saying what everyone in the know would be thinking!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRITAINS-ROSE-AND-CONISTON-CONVERSIONS-FORD-4000-1-32-SCALE/163403371072?hash=item260b999240:g:K3kAAOSwkvtb~t7s

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, AndyB said:

I sometimes post about high prices or awful descriptions, but you have to smile at this very honest description - he is merely saying what everyone in the know would be thinking!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRITAINS-ROSE-AND-CONISTON-CONVERSIONS-FORD-4000-1-32-SCALE/163403371072?hash=item260b999240:g:K3kAAOSwkvtb~t7s

Excellent 

• Like 3

On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 7:37 PM, AndyB said:

I can assure you I didn't have any buddies bidding it up;) It absolutely amazes me what people have paid for these, I simply don't see why they are worth it......

What amazes me is how UH haven't capitalized on this model,  how many re runs of the Ford 7810 have there been?  At least three, with several different variants as well.   UH could have rebadged as 3090 (without snow) or 3115,  And then simply stuck a curved exhaust on it and had the option of the 3085, 95, 120 versions...………..and all would have sold out!!  A missed opportunity in my book.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, AndyB said:

Put back to its original firm & it would probably be worth more ..but I admire him for being honest .. He can tell it's far from a 3 cyl and he basicly says it ..

Edited by justy 46
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, trigger82 said:

That's off the wall !! He will be waiting a hell  of along time for that kinda money ..

Edited by justy 46
  • Haha 2

It always amazes me that people get so caught up in the bidding process that common sense sometimes goes out of the window.

There is a 1/16th scale UH Ford 7000 due to finish shortly and it is up to £165 with an hour to go, now I have no problem with that, the seller might get a nice price for his/her model, the issue that I have is that slightly further down the page there is the same model listed as buy it now for £150, just buy that one and why pay more? Even the postage for the auction version is higher than the buy it now listing.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, robbo said:

It always amazes me that people get so caught up in the bidding process that common sense sometimes goes out of the window.

There is a 1/16th scale UH Ford 7000 due to finish shortly and it is up to £165 with an hour to go, now I have no problem with that, the seller might get a nice price for his/her model, the issue that I have is that slightly further down the page there is the same model listed as buy it now for £150, just buy that one and why pay more? Even the postage for the auction version is higher than the buy it now listing.

Even if you look around, i've seen them for £95 recently online

• Like 1

When the white MF 50th Anniversary model came out they were highly desirable and one sold on ebay for around £450, the normal "going price" tends to be around £120 so this would be considered to be good value, I certainly paid more for mine

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UH-Massey-Ferguson-MF-50th-Anniversary-Special-Edition-tractor-1-32-MIB/352550616115?hash=item5215a77c33:g:ST4AAOSwMO9b9WsN

• Like 1