The Aughton Valley Collection

hate to tell you this mate, but your missing a front wheel hub of that arion  :-[:-[ did you notice that ,in the 1st picture its missing that side

Wow, I can't believe I missed that Sean, feel ever so slightly embarrased now :-[ especially after the write up I gave it. I suppose it could have come off as I was trying remove it from the packaging, i'll have a look around, but if not I know the chap I bought it from so i'll see what he can do.

Crikey man no gold star for you today the playground is off limits!  :o  :D  Hey have you seen this vehicle anywere before?

That would be Siku's rather nice 1:50 scale Terex 970/980 Elite backhoe loader, one of which is sat happily in one of my cabinets :)

Should have another 1:50 scale item of plant joining my collection tommorow, watch this space.  ;)

it took me a few mins to pick out what was missing, was like spot the difference :D :D :D

thats one model i am looking to get i must confess, was sort of hoping it would come out in a set with the new claas grass spreader

I genuinely wouldn't have looked twice at it Sean, even after looking at it from all angles today whilst taking the photographs and composing what I thought was an accurate mini review of an exellent model, which I still think it is aside from that quality control issue. I definately appreciate you noticed the problem, it means I can remedy the problem now rather than discovering it myself probably years down the line. :D

Ok I've got the bleacher seats, the crowd to watch and selling dogs & pop waiting on this event! :) 

Well here it is mate, an Ertl Case 1850K bulldozer, not the most exciting of models but it's my Dad's 58th birthday today and it will keep him happy until his main present some Old Pond plant D.V.Ds arrive in the post. :)

He also has quite an association with driving Case tracked loaders and diggers in his younger days too, so he was quite pleased when he walked in from work tonight.

DSC05886.jpg

DSC05887.jpg

Well here it is mate, an Ertl Case 1850CK bulldozer, not the most exciting of models but it's my Dad's 58th birthday today and it will keep him happy until his main present some Old Pond plant D.V.Ds arrive in the post. :)

He also has quite an association with driving Case tracked loaders and diggers in his younger days too, so he was quite pleased when he walked in from work tonight.

Well then, the crowd has some thing to cheer about!  Happy Birthday Dad!  Nice detail on the bulldozer, what are those upside down V shape things on the back of the blade?

Well then, the crowd has some thing to cheer about!  Happy Birthday Dad!  Nice detail on the bulldozer, what are those upside down V shape things on the back of the blade?

It's fairly decent representation having just inspected the real deal on a machinery dealers website, nice solid build.

They are to protect the rams from and debris and material coming over the top of the blade I think.  ;)

Great to see your collection growing David, love all the claas you have

Thank you Adam, if I didn't realise it before i'm rather addicted to this collecting lark now, very pleased with how it and the Claas side of the collection has developed (missing wheel hubs aside) I should be adding the Siku 697 ATZ loader version when I next get paid. I also had a really good look at the Britains Ford FW60 today and I can say with absolute certainty i'd like one sat alongside my FW-30 at some point, top effort RC2. :)

will you get the uh ares and loader at some time  to david

I really hope to at some point Sean, i've had a little look at the rest of UH Claas models out there in the last few days, when time and my cashflow allows i'd love to have most of them gathered up, particularly the standard tractors and loaders, the baby vineyard models don't interest me as much, but a Xerion wouldn't go amiss sometime down the line too. :)

• 1 month later...

Added a few more models to my collection in recent days including the Britains Ford FW60 and Siku McCormick TTX210.

Very pleased with them both, the FW60 is a decent solid effort from Britains and is perhaps deserving of something to yoke on the back of it, watch this space. Whilst i've come to the conclusion that the TTX210 is one of Siku's finest efforts yet.

Here's the FW60 centre stage surrounded by my New Holland 9882 and Ford FW30:

DSC06022.jpg

Whilst I thought the Siku McCormick would be at home hitched to the Britains Krone baler:

DSC06024.jpg

DSC06025.jpg

DSC06026.jpg

......and from the archives, my first carpet farm along with the yard my Dad built me for Christmas 1985. All of it along with my blonde locks has long since disappeared.

IMGcf.jpg

you still got that farmyard  and tractors ,wish i would have kept mine from when i was younger

Unfortunately I haven't, they all went the way of carboot sales down the years, including the farmyard, plus a whole lot more than what you see in that photograph, combines, foragers and most of the Britains Power Farming range etc.

I'm now beginning to slowly but surely re-purchase the tractors I used to have as a kid, picked a few up at Spalding this year which I was really pleased with, especially the dual wheeled Britains MF 2680.

your collection is surely growing with lots of beautiful models that take me down memory lane.. along with the newest big beasts.. you sure have a varied collection.. Are you collecting randomly or have a certain "goal" ?

Thank you Wil appreciate your kind words. My collecting habits tend to be very random and spontaneous. Although i'm a big fan of the blue oval, I really enjoy having such a variety of makes, scales and themes running through my collection, and I try to display them in date and make/model number order.

There have been many occasions where i've gone to a model shop or farm store with the specific intention of buying a particular model tractor, only to return home with something completely different, the 1:50 scale Siku plant models and fleet of foragers being prime examples, it's just whatever catches my eye at the time. :)

As for my ultimate goal i'll admit, that's a very good but also very difficult question to answer. I'm still living at home with my parents, and the biggest hurdles to my collection will be when the time comes to move out or when I run out of space within the confines of my room, I don't think my parents would appreciate me expanding into any other rooms in the house. :)

I reckon I have enough space for at least 3 more cabinets once found, so for the time being my goal is to keep indulging myself in all the different line ups I have on display until the inevitable approaches. I've got my eyes on a Siku John Deere 7500 self propelled forager at the moment in a local store, but I could just as easily come back with something else entirely, who's knows what might turn up in these pages next. :)

Regards

David. 

I really hope to at some point Sean, i've had a little look at the rest of UH Claas models out there in the last few days, when time and my cashflow allows i'd love to have most of them gathered up, particularly the standard tractors and loaders, the baby vineyard models don't interest me as much, but a Xerion wouldn't go amiss sometime down the line too. :)

i was very lucky recently to pick up the rarer 3300 xerion,sold out on the claas webshop now